|Publication or Company
||B2B Publishing, Internet/Online/New Media, Magazine Publishing, Social Media, Strategy, Analytics
||401K/403B, Dental, Health
||New York, NY
McMURRY/TMG, the largest independent content marketing agency in the United States, based in New York City (with offices in Washington, D.C., Saratoga Springs, N.Y., and Phoenix), seeks a Social Journalist to write news and feature stories for an industry-leading B2B jewelry retail website, help oversee the brand’s website and newsletter, and take charge of its social media accounts.
This position will direct the media brand’s digital presence, engaging with audience members and the product’s editorial team, creating and packaging content for the website, managing the production of native advertising, and serving as online community host to the brand’s current and targeted audience.
Successful candidates will have a passion and deep appreciation for:
You believe that compelling content lies at the heart of every digital experience. You’re a voracious reader—of blogs, books, and magazines, to be sure, but also of labels, catalogs, and packaging—and you know that content requires finessing when rendered across different channels.
You’ll be our ambassador to the digital community, and will be tasked with tracking digital content innovation to bring cutting-edge and best-in-class digital knowledge into our products. We’ll look to you to develop the big ideas that pique the interest of our audience members and the online franchises that shape the way we interact with them.
You know what it takes to earn clicks, authentically. You’re an eager student of SEO best practices, and you’re a whiz at Google Analytics. You understand that every editorial decision rests on a foundation of metrics.
Attention to Detail
You know the difference between it’s and its, and you feel a tiny bit outraged every time you see them used incorrectly.
The Written Word
Last but not least, you believe in the transformative power of great writing and bold images. You understand that a news publication’s reputation is only as good as its latest story. You’re dedicated to ensuring that the copy you oversee passes quality control, be it a groundbreaking piece of reportage or quick-hit news brief. When you’re called on to create content, you’re skilled at reporting quickly and efficiently, without compromising accuracy. You’re a great writer, an astute editor, and a savvy headline writer with a sixth sense for snappy copy and winning at search.
• Scour leading trend websites to aggregate, curate, and write stories for a daily website targeted at jewelry insiders.
• Collaborate with editorial staff to create must-read blogs and features, develop strong social media relationships, and innovate to beat the competition and enthrall the audience.
• Post content to the Web in accordance with McMURRY/TMG SEO and social prep best practices.
• Write and schedule posts on social media platforms and engage in real-time on behalf of the brand.
• Aggregate and curate content from existing content sources; manage relationships with bloggers.
• Monitor and engage with our audience on various social media platforms.
• Develop and package new ideas to drive traffic to the website.
• Manage performance analytics of content, social platforms, email, and website.
• Brainstorm native advertising opportunities for advertisers and assist in creating and integrating that content across various platforms.
In summary, we’re looking for someone with strong journalistic and organizational skills, mastery of social media engagement and interaction, a “yes” attitude, and an entrepreneurial hunger to create buzz and drive traffic for a fast-paced media brand.
We have excellent employee and client retention. This is a great opportunity to work for an agency with a quality reputation and the smartest staff in content marketing. Must forward clips/samples of work with résumé to be considered for opportunity.
Excellent salary and benefits. We invite you to explore our website and take a closer look at who we are and what we offer. Please visit mcmurrytmg.com/careers to check out open positions across all our locations. Select the position you wish to apply to and submit your cover letter and résumé.
|About Our Company
McMurry/TMG is the content marketing leader dedicated
to delivering strategic and transformative
brand experiences that engage customers and drive
We do this for more than 400 brands, including nearly
200 of the Fortune 500.