|Publication or Company
20th Century Fox
||Los Angeles, CA
||Fox Digital Entertainment (FDE) is seeking a Vice President Business, Development, for its mobile games and apps business. The Vice President will be responsible for identifying, executing and supporting strategic partnership, development/publishing relationships, and licensing deals for Fox Film and Television properties in the mobile games and apps space. This individual will also drive new distribution, content acquisition and other new business activities. This position will play a key role in establishing Fox’s business on this exploding platform by driving revenue, innovation and franchise engagement.
FDE is the digital arm of 20th Century Fox Film and serves as the licensor of the studio’s entire catalogue of film and television content for the digital space, with a particular emphasis on mobile platforms and devices. While we don’t develop games and apps in-house, FDE partners with best-of-breed publishers and developers around the world to create industry leading products such as Ice Age Village, Angry Birds Rio, The Simpsons Tapped Out, Glee Karaoke, and more.
• Business Development for Apps and Games
• Manage the business development team. Work closely with Vice President of Product Development to develop new opportunities and to source deals for established franchises.
• Research, identify, and initiate contact with leading players in the games and apps eco-system -- and then work to figure out a way to partner with those players on Fox properties.
• Negotiate, close and maintain strategic partnerships and licensing deals with those developers, publishers, distributors and other key players
• Focus on driving business deals and building key partnerships that will help to create a competitive advantage for FDE in digital space.
• Expand the scope of FDE’s activity in the space to new games genres and platforms; establish key distribution relationships for the group’s games and apps.
• Lead multiple new business initiatives for the division; develop new growth areas for the group.
• Build and analyze business models for the games and apps across various platforms
• Drive innovation on the platform as a subject matter expert on the apps eco-system, from in-app purchase to live services to advertising to branded promotions and beyond
• Work with stakeholders across the company to align our knowledge of and approach to the games and apps space
• Work with Legal regarding contract execution and rights issues
• A strong technology, gaming, and mobile affiliation –you should have direct experience in the games space, a robust network of contacts, a genuine passion for games, and to be as addicted to games and apps as we are
• 8 – 10+ years business development experience, with a proven track record of executing strategic partnership and games licensing deals
• Strong knowledge of mobile, gaming, apps, social media, digital eco-system, current trends, and key players
• Strong knowledge and demonstrated ability to comprehend and structure complex deals and partnerships
• Must be a proactive self-starter capable of self-management
• Comfortable managing multiple projects
• Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment
• Comfortable working across multiple divisions within a company
• Must be organized, detail oriented and scrappy
• Undergraduate degree in new media, business, marketing, or related field required; MBA preferred
• Excellent MS Office skills (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook)