|Publication or Company
||Internet/Online/New Media, Marketing, Social Media
||We are looking for a driven producer to manage the content on Cheapflights.ca and Cheapflights’ Canadian Travel Blog by overseeing and creating on-site editorial content and promoting the site and content via social media channels.
As the scope of the role is wide, this person must be passionate about travel and travel writing, a meticulous content creator with acute research skills, have extensive knowledge about the travel habits of Canadians, and be comfortable promoting content themselves via social media.
The role will be based in Cheapflights’ Boston office. Salary and benefits, including 20-plus paid days off, are competitive.
Key areas of responsibility:
The Content and Social Media Executive will focus on driving quality visits to the site by creating relevant content, raising brand awareness and engaging with the Cheapflights consumer:
• Oversee editorial for Cheapflights.ca and Cheapflights’ Canadian Travel Blog including copywriting, copyediting and maintenance.
• Work with the editorial team to plan and create new content to support the site in line with the brand.
• Manage Canadian freelance contributors.
• Promote and distribute appropriate content through social channels.
• Support SEO team by creating traffic-driving content.
• Maintain the site’s content to ensure it is accurate, up to date and informative.
• Localize product updates and global content.
• Serve as the Cheapflights spokesperson across Canadian media outlets.
• Maintain the brand’s Canadian blog and grow both blog and social media audiences.
• Manage Canadian campaign activity.
• Create new content across the Canadian site that supports brand, media and social media strategies.
• Manage freelance writers.
• Promote content and communicate with users through external channels such as social media.
• Work closely with SEO team to optimize site content for relevant search.
• Ensure that non-deal content across the site is up to date and relevant.
• Proven editorial and writing experience
• Proven experience within content distribution & social media promotions
• Proven ability to work under strict deadlines & set editorial plans with a good eye for detail
• Previous travel industry experience
• Ability to analyze content statistics and respond to them against KPIs
• Demonstrable experience in growing digital media audiences
• Creative thinker and passionate about travel
• Strong knowledge of the Canadian travel consumer (essential)
• Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, English, Communications or a related field of study
• At least three years’ experience in online media, journalism or a related field
• Ability to strategically multi-task across disciplines
• Hands-on experience in social media and blogging
• Excellent research skills
• Outstanding writing, editing and proofreading skills
• Ability to work independently
• Excellent organizational and time management skills
• Proficiency in content management systems
• Strong attention to detail
• Understanding of basic SEO a plus
• Understanding of basic HTML a plus
• Photo editing skills a plus
|About Our Company
||Cheapflights Media is a global online company with a specialization in publishing more than 4 million daily flight and travel deals and providing users with a range of travel content, from tips to guides to inspiration.