|Publication or Company
||Internet/Online/New Media, Marketing, Public Relations
||IEEE is the world’s largest professional association advancing technology for the benefit of humanity. We publish technical journals, sponsor conferences, develop technology standards, and support the professional interests of more than 400,000 members. IEEE creates an environment where members collaborate on world-changing technologies – from computing and sustainable energy systems, to aerospace, communications, robotics, and healthcare – to engineer a better tomorrow.
Email Marketing Specialist, Product Marketing
Piscataway, New Jersey
Job Code: E3407
The selected candidate will develop and implement marketing campaigns to help drive sales and usage of for IEEE Xplore subscription products. This position is primarily responsible for developing and deploying cross-sell and upsell marketing tactics focused on customers.
This position, following strategy developed by the Marketing Manager for Demand Generation, manages multiple activities to help generate new sales and support cross-sell/upsell activity for IEEE online products. The incumbent will constantly monitor, review and report on the results of such campaigns and make recommendations to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of marketing programs to increase ROI. Success in this role requires familiarity with email marketing, as well as marketing automation and CRM tools and best practices.
• Develop and deploy custom (primarily B2B) e-Marketing campaigns to customers and prospects to promote IEEE products, raise awareness, and communicate new products and features.
• Work with internal teams to gather campaign requirements and translate business needs into technical execution for email campaigns. Candidate needs to be able to decide best course of action (i.e. blast, trigger, nurture email programs) to accomplish campaign goals.
• Generate and implement test strategies, including A/B multi-variant testing, to drive qualified traffic and revenue-building activities to ensure maximum profitability.
• Build and maintain highly effective campaign landing pages and backend workflows.
• Manage CRM Database of customer & contact lists. Develop and segment lists in SFDC.
• Provide product marketing support by managing content updates on Innovate website.
• Coordinate and track placement and planning or digital advertising initiatives.
• Supporting the Product Marketing team with ad hoc projects.
• Attend industry conferences to staff and promote exhibits, launch projects with creative and design team, and perform ad hoc activities to support sales teams in closing business.
• Update Marketing Calendar and Media plan.
• Support CSM team with large-scale events, including invitations, registration, etc.
• Keep apprised of marketing trends, best practices and new tools; present recommendations to the team.
• Bachelor’s degree in a marketing or other business related field required. Master’s degree preferred.
• At least 3 years’ experience developing skills outlined above, preferably in a B2B marketing or sales environment.
• Experience with email marketing campaigns and marketing automation.
• Experience with Customer Relations Software or Lead Management Software, particularly Salesforce.com.
• Experience working with a sales team is helpful.
• Knowledge of HTML.
• Strong organizational skills.
• Microsoft Office Suite: Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
• Strong prioritization and analysis skills combined with creative problem solving to balance a diverse set of needs, as well data-driven decision-making.
• Strong writing and proofreading skills for marketing copy.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
Please apply online by going to this URL: https://ieee.taleo.net/careersection/1/jobdetail.ftl?job=CAM00000108
Only those resumes that go through the URL from the web address will be considered. NO THIRD PARTIES PLEASE.
For information on work demands and conditions required for this position, please consult the reference document, “Physical, Mental, and Work Environment Standards for IEEE Positions.” This position is classified under Category I – office positions.
Disclaimer: This job description outlines the general nature and key features performed by various positions that share the same job. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties and qualifications required of employees assigned to the job. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or re-assign duties to this job at any time due to reasonable accommodations or other business reasons.
IEEE is an EEO/AAP Employer/Protected Veteran/Disabled
Visit www.ieee.org to view details about open positions in one of our four offices:
Los Alamitos, CA; New York City; Piscataway, NJ; & Washington, DC.