AvantGuild Members Get a 5% Group Discount!
VPI Pet Insurance policies help pay for medical problems and conditions related to accidental injuries, poisonings and illnesses (even cancer), including diagnostic tests, X-rays, treatments, prescriptions, lab fees, surgeries and hospitalization.
VPI History and Background:
- Veterinary Pet Insurance Company/DVM Insurance Agency ( VPI®)
was founded in 1980.
- The company provided its first policy in 1982 to TV’s “Lassie”
and has been protecting America’s pets ever since.
- VPI is the nation’s oldest and largest licensed health insurance
plan provider for pets.
- Over 1,500 companies nationwide offer VPI Pet Insurance to their
employees as a voluntary benefit.
- VPI plans are available in all 50 states and the District of Columbia.
- Polices in California are underwritten by Veterinary Pet Insurance
Company in Brea, California. Policies in other states are underwritten
by National Casualty Company, an A+15 rated company in Madison, Wisconsin.
- 9 out of 10 veterinarians who recommend pet insurance recommend VPI.
Our mission is to empower pet owners to make optimal healthcare decisions
for their pets, and by doing so
remain the trusted choice of America’s pet lovers.
- Optional routine care coverage available for dogs and cats (Pet Well Care Protection) and birds (Avian Supplemental & Routine Care Coverage).
- Policyholders can visit any licensed veterinarian, veterinary specialist
or animal hospital in the world.
- Policies cover: dogs, rabbits, cats, iguanas, birds, sugar gliders,
mice, tortoises, turtles, gerbils, lizards, ferrets, guinea pigs, small
chameleons, geckos, hamsters, chinchillas, potbellied pigs, rats, hedgehogs,
snakes and frogs.
- Age or size requirement:
- Dogs and cats between six weeks and 10 years of age for new enrollments.
- Birds age three months and older. They must be in the owner’s
possession for a minimum of 60 days.
- Rabbits, guinea pigs, snakes and other common exotic pets must be
six weeks old.
To get your discounted pet insurance
You are not AvantGuild. Please login or join
AvantGuild to begin taking advantage of this discount pet insurance offer.