The Ad Council is a private, non-profit organization that marshals volunteer talent from the advertising and communications industries, the facilities of the media, and the resources of the business and non-profit communities to deliver critical messages to the American public. The Ad Council produces, distributes and promotes thousands of public service campaigns on behalf of non-profit organizations and government agencies in issue areas such as improving the quality of life for children, preventive health, education, community well being, environmental preservation and strengthening families.
The organization generates over 500 agreements a year with a one person legal staff. The agreements are with Advertising Agencies, Media companies, Government Agencies, and Non-Profits as well as regular business and office agreements. There are contracting, compliance, intellectual property, and negotiating components of this position. The legal work is quite diverse. Involvement across the organization is essential.
The Vice President, Legal and Business Affairs oversees the contracting process, ensuring compliance with contracts and regulations, establishing productive and cordial relationships with partners and other departments, and ensuring a smooth, efficient, timely and documented workflow. Additionally the Vice President, Legal and Business Affairs will perform analysis through this contracting process that will allow for new and innovative Ad Council business opportunities.
The Vice President, Legal and Business Affairs reports to the EVP, CFO and is primarily responsible for:
- Generating contracts and SOW’s; ensuring compliance with contracts, government rules and contracting regulations
- Providing mentoring, training and leadership across all levels of the organization regarding contract process, policies and procedures
- Working collaboratively and building relationships with members across all Ad Council departments, Ad Agencies, Non-Profit and Government Sponsors, partners and vendors
- Evaluating agreements and business opportunities for impact on business model, reporting, and compliance. This includes identifying opportunities from existing and pending business arrangements.
- Overseeing agreement process, contract database, and contract distribution
- Understanding the organization: From creative and production processes to nonprofit reporting, to fundraising, etc
Requirements for Success:
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple projects concurrently in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to manage, plan and organize significant work flow; ability to create new procedures
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Experience in proposal preparation and contract and/or grant drafting
- Useful industry and contracting experience may include: Government procurement and reporting, Media, Advertising Agency, Non-Profit, Intellectual property, and Compliance
- High attention to detail and proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously
- Outstanding communication skills, both written and oral
- Proficient in MS Word & Excel; Experience with PowerPoint preferred
- Exceptional interpersonal and relationship skills
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to negotiate or influence others
- Excellent investigative, research and analytical skills
- A high degree of self-motivation and the ability to work independently and to thrive in a team environment
- Ability to analyze and assess new rules and regulations
- Undergraduate and JD degree
- 3 years+ of professional legal experience
- Proficient experience with Microsoft Office applications
Salary and benefits package is competitive within the Non-profit industry.
Please submit a resume and cover letter with salary requirements and availability to http://www.adcouncil.org/Working-With-Us/Careers.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We will contact only qualified candidates.