Applicants residing in the San Francisco Bay Area only, please.
We're looking for a contract photo editor to help curate, edit, and crop stunning photos for Yahoo mobile products. Successful candidate must be passionate about photography, have a keen eye for visually stunning images, and have expertise of Adobe Photoshop and Bridge. Knowledge in After Effects and video production is highly desirable. You must possess impeccable organizational skills, a high level of efficiency, a solutions-oriented mindset, and a capacity to work on deadline with multiple teams while maintaining keen attention to detail. Excellent interpersonal and time-management skills are a must.
* Research and incorporate top-notch photography into mobile apps
* Perform high-level post production image enhancements through Photoshop and After Effects
* Work with technical teams to provide product feedback and develop/improve photo editorial tools and processes as needed
* Monitor photographers image submission queue, and accept/deny images based on image requirements and quality
* Moderate user discussions as necessary
* Cross-check quality of photo editors' image research
*BA or BS degree along with 3+ years of professional experience (online) in stock photography, photo journalism, or photo editing.
* Outstanding organization skills in order to stay ahead of the demands of the job: preparing for possible detours, identifying bottlenecks, and disseminating timely updates. Strong writing and documentation skills.
* Extensive knowledge of Adobe Photoshop, Bridge, After Effects, and Microsoft Office Suite
* News or journalism background is highly desired
* A passion for innovation, a strong sense of urgency, and a keen interest in stats and analysis strongly desired
* Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions in a concise manner
* Work style that thrives in a fast-paced environment with aggressive goals and deadlines
* Excellent relationship-building and listening skills
* Solution-oriented with the ability to work both independently and as a team member
Apply via Mediabistro or send a cover letter, resume, and online work samples/tear sheets to: firstname.lastname@example.org with "MB0214 Photo Editor" in the subject line. Thank you.