|Publication or Company
Legato Publishers Group / Perseus Books Group
||401K/403B, Dental, Health
||The Sales and Marketing Assistant, provides administrative and general support to the Legato Publishers Group Sales and Marketing efforts; including special projects associated with national accounts, report generation, analysis, correspondence and routine clerical.
DUTIES & REPONSIBILITIES: The following reflects the definition of the essential functions for this position, but does not restrict the responsibilities that may be assigned.
• Populate frontlist title spreadsheets and account systems with title data. Accounts include Barnes & Noble, Ingram, Baker & Taylor, and Follett Library Resources
• Send all appropriate publicity/PR/marketing hits and updates to sales staff every Friday or as needed
• Coordinate the dissemination of print and electronic sales kits and print and electronic sales materials to the sales force
• Perform departmental and specific publisher sales tracking, sales analysis and monthly reporting
• Assist in preparation and compilation of materials for book fairs and presentations
• Ad hoc sample mailings to accounts/buyers as necessary
• Receive from publishers, forward, and follow up on sales leads with reps
• Compile and distribute marketing information and updates to publishers
• Coordinate the updating of the Legato website
• Be liaison for Legato in all appropriate Berkeley meetings
• Serve as Legato author events order coordinator
• Contracts - scan and file signed agreements. Send digital copies to accounts payable with related fees, and to Canada, International, Gift, and Constellation departments.
• Complete new publisher set-up forms and process
• Schedule trade show appointments
• General clerical; expenses, filing, copying, etc.
• Get from publishers and circulate distribution letters
• Research travel/hotel options
• Acute attention to detail
• Proficient on Microsoft Office, Excel, Outlook, Microsoft Works and PowerPoint
• Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills
• Ability to work independently and as an member of a team
• Proven ability to handle multiple projects and meet deadlines.
• College degree and 2-4 years publishing experience, preferably in sales, required
|About Our Company
||Legato Publishers Group, a member of The Perseus Books Group and a PGW Affiliate, is a boutique publisher services organization focused on helping select independent publishers reach their potential through a unique set of highly attentive strategic, marketing, sales and distribution services.
The Perseus Books Group is an independent company committed to enabling independent book publishers to reach their potential, whether those publishers are Perseus-owned, joint ventures or owned by third parties. Perseus publishing imprints include Avalon Travel, Basic Books, Basic Civitas, Da Capo Press, Da Capo Lifelong Books, Public Affairs, Running Press, Seal Press, Vanguard Press and Westview Press, as well as partnerships with The Newsweek/Daily Beast Company, The Nation Institute, and The Weinstein Company. Through Consortium, Perseus Distribution and Publishers Group West, as well as through its Constellation digital service offering which also supports Argo Navis Author Services and Faber Factory Powered by Constellation, the Perseus Books Group is the leading provider of sales, marketing, distribution and digital services, serving over 300 independent publishers. For more information, visit our websites at www.perseusbooks.com, and www.constellationdigital.com