|Publication or Company
||New York, NY
||Quartz seeks a highly motivated, entrepreneurial senior-level director to lead the concept development efforts of Quartz’s domestic and international events and conference business. QuartzLIVE’s Programming Director will conceive of, produce, and deliver exciting editorial programs for audiences of 25-300+ global business, financial, and technology influencers. Additionally, the Director will be called upon strategically to expand existing and identify new opportunities for implementation, development, and growth with an eye toward to innovative spirit that defines Quartz.
Our ideal candidate will have a strong background in journalism, communications, and/or academia, with quantifiable skills in editorial conceptualization, talent recruitment, issues-based research, and program production.
• Lead content development for client/partner events including conferences, dinners, and speaker forums, in collaboration with senior colleagues.
• Develop program content through research and evaluation, including, but not limited to: topic generation, expert speaker identification and recruitment, program format options, and high-level attendee lists.
• Engage with internal and external constituents throughout the program planning process from conception to development, execution to evaluation, with a keen commitment to forging relationships and understanding goals.
• Attend QuartzLIVE programs both as an ambassador to speakers, audience members, and partners and as an evaluator of program conversations for future growth.
Qualifications of the Ideal Candidate:
• Superior knowledge of global and national issues, with particular focus in business; acute understanding of the key players within these issue areas, required, and existing relationships and contacts within these fields, preferred
• Commitment to deep research to develop and prepare for programs, and uncompromising dedication to understanding an issue from all sides
• Highly motivated self-starter with an entrepreneurial spirit; ability to take ownership and work independently to meet aggressive performance goals
• Strong negotiation/brokering skills, with a passion for maintaining editorial quality and ethical integrity
• Ability to foster external and internal relationships and forge strong connections with strategic partners
• 5-7 years of experience in media, academic organization/think tank, or communications/consultancy
• True service ethic, spirit of generosity, and gracious sense of humor
• Outstanding organizational skills and meticulous attention to detail
• Willingness to travel regularly
• Atlantic Media recruits for two personal attributes in its candidates. The first is force of intellect ¬ reflected in discipline and rigor of thought as manifested, often, in exceptional academic performance. The second is a personal spirit of generosity ¬ a natural disposition towards service and selfless conduct
• Adaptable and willing to approach tasks with velocity and a high metabolism
|About Our Company
||About Atlantic Media
Atlantic Media is dedicated to equipping opinion leaders with breakthrough ideas and original insights. Its powerful brands, including The Atlantic, Government Executive, National Journal, and now Quartz, reach leaders across all sectors-consumer, business, media, and government. Strategically designed to meet the unique needs of this community, Atlantic Media's innovative portfolio of digital, print, event, social and mobile platforms engages an influential audience of over 22MM worldwide each month.