|Publication or Company
||Graphic Design/Art Direction, Internet/Online/New Media, Motion Graphics, Web Development
||401K/403B, Health, Stock/Options
Menlo Park, CA
Let’s forget experience for a sec.
You think communication is the key to all success (and failure.) And that communication comes in many forms. Yes, you’re a rockstar designer, and the message is usually said best with one image. But you also love words. Written or spoken or sung in your car at the top of your lungs. They have the potency to change behavior. And that is power.
You’re the first person to download the latest OS, and the last to leave an art museum. You watch commercials just to see how they’re done. You love a great ad campaign. You’ll always judge a book its cover.
These things aren’t trivial. You’re that rare bird that can combine graphics and copy and motion and music into one singularly awesome presentation. Whatever form it is, you’ll not only make it work, you’ll make it strut. You know design without reason is just decoration. You can articulate your choices, and take feedback along the way.
• Actively contribute in brainstorming and storyboarding sessions, developing video approach and outline
• Develop a library of iconography, characters, and topical assets in a variety of styles
• Execute on motion graphics video creation, from animation, to building tables, to writing copy, for a variety of clients
• Work within a variety of brand guidelines to develop video style guides
• Review, edit, and rework videos as needed
• BA/BS degree in Design or Communications field with stellar academic record (or relevant experience with awesome references)
• 1-3 years of design experience, preferably in motion graphics and/or visual communications. Recent graduates welcome!
• Ability to work across a variety of design fields: motion graphics, illustration, and graphic design and you’ve got an outstanding portfolio to prove it
• Significant experience with Adobe Creative Suite - Photoshop, Illustrator (After Effects a plus!)
• Skilled knowledge of PowerPoint or Keynote
• Sound creative judgment and an ability to clearly articulate design approach
• Experience managing time and deadlines successfully
• Excellent attention to detail
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Visual problem solver – you can identify and solve information hierarchy challenges
• Team-oriented attitude and strong work ethic
• Ability to shift priorities quickly, change direction, and roll with the punches
|About Our Company
||We help companies communicate with their employees by making engaging and educational animated videos that cover a wide range of HR-related topics. And we need designers to bring them to life. We’ve got design opportunities in two departments. For both, you’ll be working with a variety of brand guidelines and designing within the parameters of product requirements. You’ll be storyboarding, conceptualizing, and building videos for broader uses. You’ll be illustrating, animating, and simplifying complicated matter into visual paradise.