|Publication or Company
||B2B Publishing, Book Publishing, Conferences/Events, Internet/Online/New Media, Magazine Publishing, Marketing, Public Relations, Social Media
New York, NY
||The Marketing and PR Associate will take on increasing responsibility for raising the profile of LID’s books, journals and authors in the business, trade and social media as well as assisting with the management and organization of events, launches and press briefings.
The main duties will be to liaise with authors, journalists and editors to decide PR and marketing strategies for the brands and to build up an extensive list of influencers to ensure LID products are known to new clients, readers and retailers.
The role requires applicants to be creative, multi-skilled and flourish under pressure. The Associate will be involved in the commercial growth of the company and its websites and represent LID Publishing at major meetings, press conferences, interviews and other sector events to build contacts.
The successful candidate will be highly motivated and take a proactive approach to the role with the ability to develop content and ideas.
This is a superb opportunity for an ambitious and entrepreneurial graduate eager to learn and take on new challenges as part of a small growing company.
- Have a passion for books and reading
- Ability to work to strict deadlines
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written
- Outstanding research and organizational skills
- Excellent standard of presentation when representing the company at events.
- CMS and social media experience is essential, while publishing and PR experience is a plus. Although business experience is not essential, the ability to rapidly learn about all facets of business publishing and establish a positive reputation in the sector is paramount to the success of the role.
- Strong interest in and follower of business trends/issues.
- 1-3 years experience in marketing, communications or publishing preferred
|About Our Company
||LID Publishing is a part of an international group with offices in London, New York, Spain (HQ), Mexico, Columbia and Argentina, which specializes in corporate communications and publishing. LID’s unique business model combines traditional publishing with public relations. It works with authors, companies and organizations to develop and publish content (mainly books and journals; both print and electronic) to enable them to communicate their ideas and brands to a wider audience and to enhance their reputations. LID develops a targeted publicity campaign focused on achieving the author’s specific business goals.
Besides publications, LID Publishing operates a speakers’ bureau (selling speakers to organizations) and undertakes e-learning projects. In all of this, LID Publishing focuses its products and services on the business world and providing a global reach to its authors.
LID USA is the newest division of the company and is looking to grow its operations. We are a start-up office with a small entrepreneurial staff.