|Publication or Company
||Advertising Agency, Graphic Design/Art Direction, Internet/Online/New Media, Marketing, Mobile, Social Media, Web Development
||New York, NY
||We’re seeking a junior designer/production manager to start immediately. This is a freelance-to-fulltime position located in lower Manhattan.
- Design knowledge and development for web and print
- An ability to design interesting and unique solutions (including strong layout and typography) that are inline with client requirements and the Pattern Pulp aesthetic.
- Detail oriented: both in your work and your ability to track changes, make updates and stay abreast of deadlines.
- Ability to research and source fabric samples and work with local and overseas printers
- A familiarity with Social Media and the way web communication is evolving
- Work well independently as well as with other artistic and business minded personalities, taking in, utilizing and executing on feedback.
- Sketching, illustration and storyboarding (a plus)
The primary role of this position will be designing and handling product production. This will range from graphic design and illustration for web as well as tangible product development, moodboard compilations, and consumer online and instore research. We are a small team ranging from 2-5 people depending on the work flow and juggle several non-related projects simultaneously. The ideal candidate will be able to jump quickly between projects and keep clean sharable files, while maintaining quick turn arounds.
The right candidate will have a balance of accessory production knowledge as well as digital graphic design knowhow. An awareness of design and culture along with good manners and an ability to adapt quickly are all musts. Expect to learn more about pattern design, the art of branding and trend forecasting in this position.
- Proficient in Photoshop and Illustrator (InDesign, Keynote & Excel a plus)
- Excellent communication skills
- At least 2 years of graphic design and production experience preferred
- Ability to research factories and manage production schedules for limited run products
- Organizational skills for managing project flow
- You’re motivated, driven and excited about design, patterns, the web and learning
- Knowledge of the New York Garment district (a plus)
Salary commiserate with experience.
If you think you might be a good fit and would like to join our team, please email a short cover letter detailing your background and interests, along with 3-5 sites and brands that you think are killing it or that you personally identify with, a resume and work samples (low res files) or weblinks to firstname.lastname@example.org
|About Our Company
||Pattern Pulp is a small design and trend forecasting studio run by Shayna Kulik, located in New York City. We connect the dots between culture and commerce, helping companies navigate digital and physical opportunities.