• Looking for Assistant Photo Editor/junior staff photographer to shoot and be responsible for photo production for various Hearst online titles, including: ELLE, Harper Bazaar, Marie Claire, Elle Décor, House Beautiful and more. Candidate will be assisting a team of photo editors on a daily basis.
• Interest in shooting beauty, on location and in studio
• Comfortable working in company CMS
• Candidate should be highly skilled in cropping and optimizing photos for web, including compositing and watermarking
• Should have excellent retouching skills and be proficient in Photoshop CS5
• Will be working closely with various photo agencies, negotiating rates as well as tracking rights and photo research
• The candidate will be responsible for maintaining visual continuity between Hearst titles
• Knowledge of fashion, trends, current/upcoming/past Fashion Designers, celebrities, and beauty a plus
The person in this role will be responsible for the photographic integrity ELLE.com. They will be expected to come in and hit the ground running and they will work very closely with assisting the HEARST Photo team.
• Minimum 5 years experience in digital photo work in the Fashion & Beauty category – retouching skills for beauty a must
• Fluency in Adobe Creative Suite CS5
• Fluency using FTP Software – Transmit, Fetch, Cyberduck
• Experience with lighting equipment, Canon 5D Mark II
• Ability to both identify applicable trend-setting subjects and shoot Street Style photos
• Comfortable shooting and lighting both product and portrait-based photography
• Ability to style products and clothing a plus
• Ability to handle multiple projects at once a must
About Our Company
Hearst Digital Media, a unit of Hearst Magazines, is a cohesive team of best-in-class talent that's responsible for implementing the digital strategy for Hearst's magazine brands.
We've launched, re-launched or acquired 24 Web sites and 10 mobile sites for brands such as Cosmopolitan, Popular Mechanics, Esquire, Good Housekeeping, Marie Claire and Seventeen, as well as digital-only sites such as Delish.com, and RealBeauty.com. We've published more than 50 apps and digital editions for the iPad, iPhone and iPod Touch, as well as the Droid platform, including enhanced digital issues, utilities, special content and games based on its popular brands.
• Work with and learn from best-in-class teams
• Fast paced and challenging projects
• Diverse and forward-thinking leadership
• Competitive salary, benefits and training
• App Lab
• State-of-the-art building
• In-house digital studio
• Two art galleries
• Corporate gym that puts Ritz Carlton’s to shame (9,000 sq. ft.)
• Company café that will satisfy the most discerning NYC foodies (350 seats)