|Publication or Company
||Book Publishing, Entertainment, Other Publishing
||401K/403B, Dental, Health
||New York, NY
||Harlequin is seeking an Associate Publicist with experience in lifestyle book publicity to join its dynamic nonfiction team. The publicist will handle a range of publicity campaigns for our diverse list of titles (memoirs, cookbooks, diet, fitness, self-help and motivational, and relationships) in our growing nonfiction imprint. Candidates must demonstrate excellent organizational skills, creative thinking abilities, strong communication skills, solid media knowledge and experience with Social Media platforms. S/he must be team-oriented with a positive attitude and will be responsible for:
• Crafting and executing publicity campaigns for assigned titles.
• Pitching and securing national and regional media, including print, radio, television, and online outlets.
• Writing press materials such as press releases, pitches letters, bios, and other related communications; coordinates review mailings.
• Managing author appearances and tours, including arranging travel, creating tour schedules, and traveling as necessary.
• Fielding a variety of calls from the media and authors.
• Researching and maintaining media contact lists and databases.
• Performing department administrative duties as necessary.
Please apply if you meet the following qualifications:
• Undergraduate degree.
• Minimum of 2 years prior experience, preferably in book publishing and publicity.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to multitask and work under tight deadlines.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office and Outlook.
• Knowledge of national and regional media (TV, radio, print & online).
• Proficiency with Cision and Publicity Assistant.
• Knowledge of and interest in expanding promotional outreach through social media and other online outlets.
|About Our Company
||Harlequin (www.Harlequin.com) is one of the world’s leading publishers of books for women, and publishes over 110 titles a month in 31 languages in 111 international markets on six continents. For decades, Harlequin has published great romance imprints such as Harlequin®, Silhouette® and Love Inspired®. In young adult literature, Harlequin Teen® is the home of authentic fiction for every young reader. Harlequin MIRA® is committed to publishing the very best in commercial fiction, including contemporary and historical romance, suspense and psychological thrillers, and literary bestsellers. Harlequin Nonfiction® publishes memoirs, cookbooks, diet, fitness, self-help and motivational, and relationship books. Harlequin promotes its global presence through offices in 19 countries, including Toronto, New York and London.
For more information please visit us online at: