|Publication or Company
||Book Publishing, Branding, Marketing
||401K/403B, Dental, Health
||New York, NY
||The Senior Marketing and Brand Manager will execute the vision and strategy for some of HarperCollins Children’s Books’ classic brands as well as collaborate on key front list middle grade and teen properties, under the supervision of an Integrated Marketing Director. This cross-functional role will work alongside internal and external stakeholders and will coordinate communications and strategies, while playing a key role supporting and creating multi-platform innovation for the brands and front list titles.
- Champions the global strategy for the brands, optimizing plans, strategies and assets across all markets.
- Ensures that all messaging and positioning is consistent and customized to reach target demographics and new audiences with year-round plans and initiatives.
- Supervises all aspects of the brands’ integrated marketing plans, including digital, publicity, and retail promotions, working closely with estates or 3rd parties to ensure brand growth across all forms of media.
- Innovates current digital presence while pursuing new opportunities across platforms, technologies and tactics in collaboration with the team and estates, with an emphasis on social media strategies and messaging.
- Manages projects independently, follows up with key stakeholders, and acts as liaison with authors and illustrators, internal departments, and external vendors and partners.
- Engages communities on social media platforms of Facebook, Twitter, Google+, Tumblr, Pinterest, Goodreads, etc.
- Manages brand websites with emphasis on maximizing content and product offerings.
- Collaborates with marketing team to brainstorm, develop, and execute trade and consumer marketing plans for front list titles.
- Develops and presents marketing plans and initiatives for direct-responsibility titles and projects.
- Implements seasonal promotional efforts by writing marketing and advertising copy, developing content and messaging, and providing design direction for print and online marketing materials, web/mobile sites and assets, apps, advertising campaigns, sales materials, mailings, and social media campaigns.
- Creates presentation materials for accounts, authors/illustrators, agents, and potential marketing partners.
- Attends strategic planning meetings with or in place of Marketing Director and provide necessary follow-up.
- Provides ongoing analytics to measure campaign results, allowing for shared learnings across the team.
- Identifies and pursues outside partnerships for cross-marketing opportunities that drive brand awareness and build audience.
- Coordinates outside resources and vendors; brings projects to completion and tracks progress and expenses throughout each campaign.
- Spearheads cross-company meetings and calls.
- Works with Marketing Director and Marketing Assistant as a cohesive and supportive team.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in marketing; publishing and digital experience strongly preferred
- Strong understanding of branding strategies and execution
- Strong knowledge of new technologies, including social media platforms
- Ability to understand the big picture while executing plans and processes
- Eye for effective design aesthetic and strong copyediting skills
- Collaborative and team oriented
- Highly motivated, resourceful, flexible, and adaptable
- Ability to manage responsibilities independently
- Talent at handling competing priorities under pressure while maintaining a sense of humor
|About Our Company
||HarperCollins Publishers, one of the largest English-language publishers in the world, is a subsidiary of News Corp (NASDAQ: NWS, NWSA; ASX: NNC, NNCLV). Headquartered in New York, HarperCollins has publishing groups around the world in the US, UK, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, and India. HarperCollins is a broad-based publisher with strengths in literary and commercial fiction, business books, children's books, cookbooks, narrative nonfiction, mystery, romance, reference, pop culture, design, health, wellness, and religious and spiritual books. With nearly 200 years of history, HarperCollins has published some of the world's foremost authors, including winners of the Nobel Prize, the Pulitzer Prize, the National Book Award, the Newbery Medal, and the Caldecott Medal. HarperCollins is consistently at the forefront of innovation, using digital technology to create unique reading experiences and expand the reach of its authors. You can visit HarperCollins Publishers online at: http://www.harpercollins.com.
HarperCollins Publishers is an equal opportunity employer.