Routledge/Taylor & Francis Group is looking for an enthusiastic, career-oriented Editorial Assistant to work in our NY office on our growing list of titles in planning and urban design. Reporting to the Editor and working with other members of the Built Environment team, the Editorial Assistant will provide support in all phases of the book publication process, from the conceptual stage through publication. The EA will have primary responsibility for:
• Tracking projects throughout the reviewing, development, production, and publication stages
• Preparing and administrating contracts for authors, editors, and contributors
• Monitoring due dates for manuscripts and related book materials
• Corresponding with authors to confirm manuscript delivery dates, clarify specifications, and respond to queries
• Preparing manuscripts for transmittal to production, including artwork and permission reviews
• Preparing and maintaining database records and files for all projects
• Drafting descriptive and promotional copy
• Liaising and collaborating with production, marketing, sales, development, royalties, and accounts payable departments
• Coordinating and distributing editorial reviews and book endorsements
• Maintaining standard reports, forms, schedules, and payment records
Limited conference travel and campus visits may be required in the position.
BA or equivalent educational experience. Book publishing experience and/or advanced degree desirable. Candidates must have excellent communication skills (both written and verbal), and be highly organized, with great attention to detail; be able to prioritize multiple tasks and projects; demonstrate a high degree of proficiency working with technology and systems; be comfortable working independently as well as part of a team; and be committed to supporting the overall goals of academic publishing.