|Publication or Company
FYI Public Relations (PR Coordinator)
New York, NY
||FYI Brand Communications, a leading boutique lifestyle and entertainment public relations firm, has an immediate need for a dynamic and enthusiastic Public Relations Coordinator to join the FYI team full-time.
The PR Coordinator will gain hands on experience working on celebrities, athletes, entertainment, consumer and lifestyle brands. The coordinator will ensure smooth running of the accounts in daily tasks as it relates to the entire agency. We are looking for a hard-worker, business minded go-getter who is able to thrive in a fast paced, ever-changing work environment. Time management and organizational skills are a must. This is an entry-level position.
The PR Coordinator will work closely with account executives to produce basic production and detail work required for various accounts. This includes, but is not limited to the following:
- Developing press materials including releases, backgrounders, pitch letters and media alerts
- Researching, compiling and maintaining media lists and editorial calendars
- Monitoring press coverage relating to the agency's clients and creating summary reports under the direction of an account executive
- Assisting in pitching and securing media (magazines, newspapers, television and internet) on daily basis to secure stories, features and placements for clients
- Handling social media such as Facebook and Twitter
- Handling clients' day to day requests
- Creating business proposals
- General administrative duties (filing, phone calls, copying, etc.)
- Must have a minimum of 12 months experience in Public Relations
- Must be available to work 5 days a week and have flexibility to work events
- Proven writing skills as well as excellent verbal and interpersonal skills; good judgment and instincts with problem-solving
- Attention to detail and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Must be reliable, motivated, and organized
- Ability to prioritize projects and complete them in a timely manner
- Ability to work under pressure, in time sensitive environment
|About Our Company
||FYI Public Relations is a boutique firm specializing in combining and creating the trends of consumer products, entertainment and pop culture. We encompass a range of divisions including luxury jewelry brands, sportswear and specialty fashion brands, celebrities and non profit organizations. We have the same resources of a large agency but the ability to provide detailed attention to our clients; at our firm we specialize in staying in on the cusp of all things pop culture.
Learn more at http://www.fyipr.com