|Publication or Company
Newspaper Association of America
||Conferences/Events, Internet/Online/New Media, Newspapers, Non-profit, Social Media
||401K/403B, Dental, Health
||The Newspaper Association of America is seeking an experienced and digitally-savvy Content Producer to write, edit and produce multimedia content for the association’s communication platforms. This role will be responsible for tracking trends inside and outside the newspaper media industry, identifying best practices, success stories and innovations in driving audience and revenue growth, with an emphasis on digital, mobile and emerging platforms. The position is also responsible for communicating trends and successes to NAA’s membership and to public audiences through articles, blog postings, case studies and webinars, as well as video and/or multimedia projects. The Content Producer will also be responsible for developing online toolkits that help newspapers implement strategies and products for emerging media platforms.
The position will work closely with NAA staff responsible for audience development, research and advertising/revenue to identify and report on key trends and newspaper development. Additionally, the Content Producer will work collaboratively with the marketing and web departments to plan, produce and execute content across NAA’s platforms. The position will also work with NAA Board Committees, as necessary, to identify speakers and organize committee meetings, as well as assist in the same capacity for NAA’s annual conference.
Successful applicants will be an excellent writer, with the ability to assimilate large amounts of information and write about it quickly and effectively. A demonstrated record of developing engaging digital content, producing and editing video content, and experience working in content management systems is required.
• Track and communicate trends and innovation taking place in the newspaper media industry, including best practices, success stories, case studies, etc.
• Develop online toolkits to help NAA member newspaper implement strategies and products that will help drive audience growth and revenue.
• Contribute to content management of NAA.org through participation in content planning and creation, as well as content production and publishing.
• Participate in planning for digital campaigns and interactive features to enhance editorial.
• Perform other duties as needed and as directed by manager.
• 3+ years of experience working in journalism/communications online and in print.
• Demonstrated versatility in writing and reporting on various topics, with a solid portfolio of work displaying the ability to effectively translate complex information into clear and concise content for print, mobile, social and web.
• Web production experience, including content management, page-level design and basic HTML/CSS coding.
• Experience working with content management systems.
• Working knowledge of photo and video editing. Experience with Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Premier and plus.
• Demonstrated knowledge of leading/emerging trends and best practices, and a passion for newspaper media.
• Excellent writing, editing and proofreading skills.
• Strong verbal communication and interpersonal skills, and the ability to work independently as well as on a team.
• Professional manner and ability to interact with all levels of management
• Bachelor's degree in journalism, communications, multimedia production or other related field.
|About Our Company
||NAA is a nonprofit organization representing nearly 2,000 newspapers and their multiplatform businesses in the United States and Canada. NAA members include daily newspapers, as well as nondailies, other print publications and online products. Headquartered near Washington, D.C., in Arlington, Va., the association focuses on the major issues that affect today's newspaper industry: public policy/legal matters, advertising revenue growth and audience development across the medium's broad portfolio of products and digital platforms. Information about NAA and the industry also may be found at www.naa.org.