Entertainment, Magazine Publishing, Other Publishing, Social Media, Web Development
401K/403B, Dental, Health
VICE News is a new global, multi-platform, multi-media news brand from VICE Media.
We have built a modern, real-time web newsroom and are now hiring a Social Producer.
The Social Producer will be the voice of the VICE News editorial team on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, etc., while also being the VICE News team's first line of digital reporting and sourcing as news breaks around the world.
We’re seeking a candidate who is hungry; proactive; quick on his or her feet; a creative problem solver; cool under pressure; possesses professional humility; and someone who is very, very organized. This is both a supporting and management position.
The best candidates will natively understand the social channels core to our audience. They will possess excellent news judgment, a strong voice, inexhaustible energy, an unflinching dedication to flawless copy, and the ability to seamlessly and simultaneously run many different social media accounts on a 24/7 posting schedule.
This person will be responsible for developing the VICE News user-base, honing VICE News' social voice, keeping our accounts on and in the news, and boosting consumption of core stories, videos and initiatives.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Be the voice of VICE News across social accounts.
• Manage assets, resources and tools to populate social accounts on a 24/7 schedule.
• Act as the newsroom’s eyes and ears on social platforms, alerting the newsroom to news-cycle changing events.
• Creating and developing new content and campaigns to serve VICE News users and grow account followings.
• Identifying, sourcing and verifying media being shared by the public during breaking news events.
• Coordinating the creation of platform-specific content with our production teams, including text, photo, video and interactive.
• Being one of the best news tweeters on the internet.
• Translating VICE News content so that it appeals to the different user experiences and consumption habits across different social networks.
• Identifying the most compelling visuals to accompany content and packaging those for effective sharing.
Experience and Qualifications:
• Expert user of Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Vine and others.
• 1-2 years experience in journalism, social media and/or marketing
• Bachelor’s degree in relevant field. Masters in Journalism or newsroom experience a plus
• Transcendent written and verbal communication skills
• Visual media experience a plus (photography, videography)
• Intermediate or better photoshop skills.
• Hands-on experience using and acting on data collected from key analytics tools; Google Analytics, Twitter Analytics, Facebook Insights and others.
• HTML and experience with content management systems a plus
• Can make a mean GIF
• Absolutely must have an entrepreneurial spirit, strong work ethic, inquisitive approach to everything, and an insatiable desire to be a part of a growing and creative digital company.
• Possesses a zeal for new tools and technologies.
• Working knowledge of Apple environment and a fan of Google Docs.
HOW TO APPLY
Send a detailed cover letter and resume with salary requirements by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Reference “VICE News Social Producer” in the subject line.
Please indicate in your cover letter where you learned of this job posting. No phone calls please.
About Our Company
VICE started in 1994 as a newsprint monthly in Montreal, and is now a global youth media company that includes print, event, music, online, television, and feature film divisions that operates in over 30 countries. Vice is the industry leader in original video for the web. With dozens of original series franchises across all content categories, Vice publishes about 60 minutes of new video content every day. For further information and additional background, please visit www.vice.com.