|Publication or Company
||About Atlantic Media Strategies
Atlantic Media Strategies is the full-service digital consultancy of Atlantic Media. We launch media brands, create and execute content strategies, redesign websites and advise clients on how to thrive in a constantly evolving digital landscape. We put the savvy of a world-renowned media company to work for our clients.
As a hard-charging team of strategists, editors, writers, designers, developers, and marketers, we help clients build powerful communities and create smart, substantive content, applying the cutting-edge practices of Atlantic Media’s own brands. Our clients include Fortune 500 companies, public policy institutions, fast-growing start-ups and other media brands. We work together to create meaningful journalism and engage influential audiences.
Our expert editorial team is growing. We are looking for an inquisitive, insightful and creative journalist who can craft unique story angles that match client goals to audience needs. You will create articles, feature stories, blog posts, social media updates, videos, infographics and other content types. You will also help to shape and execute social media and distribution strategies.
You will be a member of the AMS editorial team and collaborate with the strategy, design/development and marketing teams to create truly compelling digital experiences.
Qualifications of the Ideal Candidate:
• Has at least four years of experience as a digital journalist;
• Can demonstrate expertise in one or more specific topics of interest to influential audiences, including but not limited to financial services, business, technology, energy, healthcare and public policy;
• Has a passion for creating content optimized for digital media and today’s media consumption habits;
• Is experienced in building and managing an editorial calendar;
• Is experienced in assigning, editing, producing, and writing stories/blog posts for the web;
• Is experienced in soliciting and editing content from expert contributors;
• Has a deep understanding of how to attract and engage a digital audience including, but not limited to, using search, social media, and third-party aggregators;
• Is a self-starter who operates independently in a fast-paced environment;
• Has a journalistic sensibility that fits Atlantic Media values: intelligent, fair, accurate, fast, curious, provocative, news-driven.
The job is based in Washington, DC, and reports to the Editorial Director of Atlantic Media Strategies.
• Force of Ideas -- At the center of Atlantic Media work are the ideas within our writing. We believe that ideas – to the good and not – have consequence. Our highest work is bringing rigor, insight, intellectual honesty, to that ultimate purpose of separating the bad from the good, giving voice, argument, and flight to the latter.
• Spirit of Generosity -- Atlantic Media seeks in its ranks a spirit of generosity – a natural disposition in each colleague toward service and selfless conduct. Atlantic Media writing should be cut from the same cloth – critical on the merits but informed by charity and forbearance in measuring motive and personal character.
|About Our Company
||About Atlantic Media
Atlantic Media is dedicated to equipping opinion leaders with breakthrough ideas and original insights. Its powerful brands, including The Atlantic, Government Executive, National Journal, and now Quartz, reach leaders across all sectors-consumer, business, media, and government. Strategically designed to meet the unique needs of this community, Atlantic Media's innovative portfolio of digital, print, event, social and mobile platforms engages an influential audience of over 22MM worldwide each month.