Book Publishing, Non-profit, Other Publishing, Production, Teaching/Academia
401K/403B, Bonuses, Dental, Flexible Hours, Health
New York, NY
Cambridge University Press seeks a Senior Manager, Supply Chain and Operations, to manage the overall supply chain for the Academic publishing list, with a view to ensuring the delivery of physical product to distribution centres and customers in the most cost effective, quality appropriate and timely manner, and to facilitate the smooth running of business operations across the Academic publishing function.
Primary duties and responsibilities include:
• Working with the UK Head of Supply Chain, develop and enhance the structures, functions and processes of the US Supply Chain group to ensure that practices keep pace with a fast-changing environment
• Liaise with the central Supply Chain teams to ensure US inventory is managed appropriately
• Develop and maintain good relationships with supply chain providers
• Manage the US Academic print procurement budget within this defined strategy.
• Act as a senior representative of the Operations function within the US office, and work closely with the global Operations team to ensure systems, processes and workflows are efficient, business appropriate, and well managed
• Work closely with the Journals Production Director, the Global Content Production Director, Academic Books, and colleagues in Operations, Editorial, Sales and Marketing, Inventory and Stock Management, Customer Services, and IT, to drive the business forward in line with the overall strategy of the Academic group.
• Drive change through the business, to cultures, systems, functions and roles, structures, and operations and business processes.
• Develop the skills and abilities of their team, planning training and performance review criteria, and ensuring the operational functions are future-proofed and able to respond to changing market demands and technological change.
Qualified candidates must possess:
• A combination of strong numerical and analytical skills, operational abilities, and strong management and leadership skills.
• Procurement experience, ideally in publishing, is required, including knowledge of current and forthcoming print technologies and suppliers.
• Excellent supplier contacts and industry awareness
• Experience of print procurement in a publishing environment, and/or with SAP is preferred
• Strong IT and process design skills
This position is based in New York. Some travel will be required for this role, at approximately 4 weeks per year.
About Our Company
Cambridge University Press is the publishing business of the University of Cambridge, one of the worlds leading research institutions. It is the oldest publisher and printer in the world, having been operating continuously since 1584.
We aim to further, through publication and printing, the University of Cambridge's own objective of advancing learning, knowledge and research worldwide. Today, this transformative mission is realized through our commitment to innovation and enterprise, placing us at the cutting-edge of electronic delivery in a world that looks increasingly to digital content and networked access not only to books and journals but to a range of other pedagogic services.
Cambridge offers rewarding career opportunities with competitive salaries and excellent benefits in a positive and supportive environment. For further information about the Press, please visit our website at www.cambridge.org. For consideration, send cover letter with salary requirements and resume to email@example.com, or mail to: Human Resources; Cambridge University Press; 32 Avenue of the Americas; New York, NY 10013.