A minimum of 5 years experience in development. Evidence of successful major fund raising benefits, donor stewardship and cultivation events, event sponsorship, marketing, communications and membership or annual giving campaigns.
BA required. Five years experience in development.
• Planning, implementation and follow-up for goal oriented special events from an understanding of institutional marketing
• Collaborate with development staff on membership outreach, especially to new prospects, follow-up, recognition and acknowledgement
• Responsible for event logistics, budgets, including in-kind donations
• Supervise and coordinate with event external contractors, involved with production
• Content management of website to maintain currency with programs, metrics and events
• Act as staff liaison to public relations consultant for supporting communications and updated information
Skills required: excellent and demonstrated oral and written communication; major special event execution with a marketing and development mindset; detail oriented from start to completion of a project; ability to work collaboratively; ability to take direction; facility with content web management, and demonstrated ability to engage donors and prospects with membership programs.
Please send cover letter with resume. No resume will be considered without a cover letter.
About Our Company
Publicolor uniquely uses the power of color, collaboration, design, and the discipline of commercial painting to creatively address the serious under-education and lack of job preparedness of youth 13 to 24 in New York City. Publicolor was founded in 1996 by Ruth Lande Shuman, an industrial designer who wanted to use design for social service.
Publicolor seeks an experienced development professional who will provide leadership for special events, communications and an inaugural membership program. Signature special events are at the core of Publicolor’s integrated marketing initiative which require creativity, collaboration, sponsorship opportunities, communications and great attention to detail in constituency outreach, timelines, financial and quality goals and event production. Communications will include electronic newsletters and content management of and promotional initiatives utilizing the Publicolor website. A new membership campaign will utilize special events to attract new supporters and sustain current friends while recognizing different levels of contributions and their benefits. This position will work in collaboration with program and development staff and will report both to the Founder+President and to the Vice President for Institutional Advancement. This person will organize Stir Splatter & Roll, Publicolor's signature annual fundraising event.