|Publication or Company
Niche Media Holdings
||Magazine Publishing, Photography
||401K/403B, Dental, Health
New York, NY
||Niche Media is looking for a driven Photo Producer to join our high-performing New York team. The primary duties for this position include the following:
• Coordinate photo shoot schedules and makes all necessary appointments.
• Continually identify emerging model, photographer, and hair/makeup artist talent with an intuitive understanding of the Niche Media brand.
• Serve as part of pre-planning / conception for fashion stories.
• Assist on all aspects of a shoot for cover and well fashion shoots.
• Manage the production and budgets for all cover and fashion shoots.
• Scout locations either in person or via research for fashion shoot locations.
• Book models and coordinate castings. Maintain active relationships with external photo and model agencies, photographers, etc. to keep up to date information to be used in production.
• Be on set for fashion or cover shoots when necessary.
• Send contracts out to all necessary parties. Negotiate barter if necessary.
• Verify facts, dates, credits and statistics for photos.
• Communicate seamlessly with PR agencies and management agencies.
• Organize and maintain all crew and fashion credits photos, and files correspondence and other records.
• Conduct research for syndicated art.
• Prepare call sheets for all shoots.
• Other duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications and experience:
• Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; or two to four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Must have a minimum of 3-5 years experience producing both editorial and celebrity shoots.
• Two to four years formal photography and/or Photoshop training.
• Ability to operate a computer and Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, Powerpoint) and Gmail.
• Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft Word, Filemaker, and FTP software.
• Typographic and layout experience plus expert-level Mac and Photoshop proficiency.
• Photoshop and color-correction skills a plus.
• Thorough understanding how to effectively marry photographs and headline copy for maximum impact.
• Recognize and employ image delivery best practices such as optimization and proper sizing.
• Experience with various photo agencies, and ability to pull together tightly edited and highly organized initial selects for presentation to senior editorial staff on a daily basis.
Successful candidates work well under pressure and thrive in a dynamic, deadline-driven, rapidly changing environment. This position will work independently and as part of a team.
|About Our Company
||Niche Media is the country's preeminent regional magazine group catering to the most affluent socially active residents and visitors to our markets through distinct publications including ASPEN PEAK, AUSTIN WAY, BOSTON COMMON, CAPITOL FILE, GOTHAM, HAMPTONS, LOS ANGELES CONFIDENTIAL, MICHIGAN AVENUE, OCEAN DRIVE, PHILADELPHIA STYLE, and VEGAS. Niche Media creates city-specific magazines offering the best in fashion, food, culture, society, real estate and design.