|Publication or Company
Michigan Avenue Magazine/Niche Media
||Magazine Publishing, Sales/Advertising Sales
||401K/403B, Dental, Health
||Niche Media is looking for a driven sales professional to join our high-performing Chicago team and work on our Michigan Avenue publication. The primary duties for this position include the following:
• Build and maintain ad revenue for publication by continually prospecting for new accounts, leads and sales opportunities on the phone and in person.
• Service all existing active accounts by maintaining constant contact with clients to ensure that we are meeting and/or exceeding their expectations.
• Maintain a weekly call list which should include prospects and clients contacted, scheduled meetings and likelihood of a signed contract to be reviewed and discussed with publisher on a regular basis.
• Using client research as a guide, prepare sales presentations, budget recommendations, and creative ideas for prospects and current clients.
• Follow up on traffic and production of ads to ensure proper placement and that the correct ad is being run.
• Aggressively pursue new business by following up on leads.
• Regularly review competitive media and identify prospects and opportunities.
• Track sales in database and ensure that input of all data is correct.
• Develop and maintain both local direct and agency accounts.
• Build relationships in the community to assist the magazine reach revenue goals.
• Develop and utilize current non-traditional revenue (i.e. sponsorship) opportunities to generate revenue.
• Work with clients and finance to ensure timely payment for all sold and/or assigned accounts.
• Represent the company at client and company events to promote business.
• Other duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications and experience:
• Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; or 3 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Minimum 2-3 years prior local media sales experience required; print ad or radio sales experience a plus, but not required.
• Prior experience with luxury brand products and clients preferred.
• Ability to navigate sales system.
• Knowledge of sales market and competitors in local market.
• Proficiency in all Microsoft Office programs and Gmail platform.
Successful candidates work well under pressure and thrive in a dynamic deadline driven, rapidly changing environment. This position will work independently and as part of a team.
|About Our Company
||Niche Media is the country's preeminent regional magazine group catering to the most affluent socially active residents and visitors to our markets through distinct publications including ASPEN PEAK, AUSTIN WAY, BOSTON COMMON, CAPITOL FILE, GOTHAM, HAMPTONS, LOS ANGELES CONFIDENTIAL, MICHIGAN AVENUE, OCEAN DRIVE, PHILADELPHIA STYLE, and VEGAS. Niche Media creates city-specific magazines offering the best in fashion, food, culture, society, real estate and design.