|Publication or Company
Emerald Group Publishing Inc.
||Book Publishing, Other Publishing
||401K/403B, Dental, Health, Profit-Sharing
||The role will help envision, define and develop products across all digital channels, to create habit forming user experiences that delight our customers. As part of a small, cross-functional team, the role will support digital product development, and through focusing on the customer first, will position product performance and highlight market impact of new projects and services.
- Participate in product development discussions that take concepts through to production.
- Work directly with Product Managers and Business Technology, delivering product specifications and assets.
- Contribute to high-level strategic decisions.
- Partner with Product Managers, Business Technology and other designers to ensure that the user experience is simple, straightforward, and elegant.
- Apply user-centred design practices to create simple-to-use and engaging product experiences.
- Build strong relationships with stakeholders throughout the organization.
- Partner with product/project managers to define the problems, solutions, requirements and prioritisation.
- Have broad impact on product design and product performance, helping to define principles and vision, in addition to day-to-day objectives.
- Thoughtfully rationalize design decisions taking into account technical limitations and business priorities.
Skills & Knowledge:
- Solid experience with digital media, ecommerce, and social media.
- Portfolio of digital product design that has been built and shipped to users.
- Proven experience in digital product development, design and supporting technologies (PHP, SQL, HTML5, Java, etc.).
- Experience with developing products for the mobile channel with consideration to UI and responsive/adaptive design.
- Familiar with the benefits/challenges and implications associated with Apps vs. web (and iOS/Android platforms).
- Demonstrate a working knowledge of interaction principles, patterns, and trends.
- Strong knowledge of print design, typography, and page layout technique.
- Extensive knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator) and other prototyping tools.
- Experience of designing, developing and managing complex print or digital projects.
- A passion for digital media and knowledge of current digital trends.
- Excellent time management skills.
Behaviours & Attributes:
- Results orientated and takes ownership for delivering results.
- Self-starter with high personal drive and motivation.
- Can multi-task and prioritise effectively.
|About Our Company
||Emerald is a leading independent publisher of global research with impact in business, society, public policy and education. The business manages a portfolio of over 280 journals, more than 2,000 books and book series volumes, as well as an extensive range of online products and services.
Due to our continued growth this is a newly created position.