|Publication or Company
McKinsey & Company
||B2B Publishing, Corporate/Institutional/Technical Writing, Graphic Design/Art Direction, Magazine Publishing, Other Publishing
||401K/403B, Dental, Health, Profit-Sharing
||Global Editorial Services (GES) is McKinsey & Company’s largest publishing group, providing editorial and production support for a diverse and growing portfolio covering a broad range of industry and functional topics. End products include white papers; reports; short, data-focused articles; interviews and externally authored content; and the “McKinsey on…” series of industry-focused publications. The GES production team is a geographically dispersed group, with members in New York, Massachusetts, California, Colorado, Washington, and Gurgaon, India.
As a GES Senior Designer, the successful applicant will work as part of a 10-person production team, providing essential graphics support for the gamut of McKinsey editorial products:
• Provide specialized graphics support for a large and varied portfolio of publications
• Develop a clear understanding of clients’ visual communication needs, identify areas where new-media skills can best be utilized, and interact closely and collaboratively with editors, copy editors, and authors to ensure client satisfaction and uphold our quality standards and branding guidelines
• Flow text into appropriate InDesign templates, optimizing for readability and organization of information
• Distill complex data into succinct visual messages by reconceptualizing and rebuilding exhibits using Adobe Illustrator and/or PowerPoint
• Provide art direction for select practice publications, including reviewing portfolios, selecting content-appropriate illustrators, commissioning artwork, finalizing contracts, and coordinating and providing feedback on concepts for all illustrations
• Work with the Editorial Production Manager to update design templates for white papers, reports, and other content genres in accordance with our branding guidelines
IDEALLY, YOU WILL HAVE
• University degree
• 6-7 years’ print and digital design experience
• Proven technical skills with exposure to a wide range of design software, including Adobe CS and PowerPoint. Strong design/layout skills with experience in onscreen presentations/ multimedia, concept design, print and digital media, and image manipulation techniques
• Understanding of web development processes and experience working with developers to implement designs
• Ability to easily learn new software skills to keep up-to-date with new applications/upgrades
• Excellent organizational skills, strong detail orientation, ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks, and ability to communicate effectively with stakeholders from across the organization
• Willingness to work extended hours in order to meet deadlines
• A high level of commitment to working as part of a team
|About Our Company
||McKinsey & Company is a global management consulting firm. We are the trusted advisor to the world's leading businesses, governments, and institutions.
We work with leading organizations across the private, public and social sectors. Our scale, scope, and knowledge allow us to address problems that no one else can. We have deep functional and industry expertise as well as breadth of geographical reach. We are passionate about taking on immense challenges that matter to our clients and, often, to the world.
We work with our clients as we do with our colleagues. We build their capabilities and leadership skills at every level and every opportunity. We do this to help build internal support, get to real issues, and reach practical recommendations. We bring out the capabilities of clients to fully participate in the process and lead the ongoing work.