|Publication or Company
McKinsey & Company
||B2B Publishing, Corporate/Institutional/Technical Writing, Internet/Online/New Media, Magazine Publishing
||401K/403B, Dental, Health, Profit-Sharing
||Global Editorial Services (GES) is McKinsey & Company’s largest publishing group, providing editorial and production support for a diverse and growing portfolio covering a broad range of industry and functional topics. End products include white papers; reports; short, data-focused articles; interviews and externally authored content; and the “McKinsey on…” series of industry-focused publications. The GES production team is a geographically dispersed group, with members in New York, Massachusetts, California, Colorado, Washington, and Gurgaon, India.
As an Editorial Assistant in GES, the successful applicant will work as part of a 10-person team responsible for day-to-day production of a large and varied suite of editorial products. Responsibilities include:
• Fact-check and proofread all articles, exhibits, and other editorial products
• Manage the critical, time-sensitive process of securing internal approval of all client mentions made in text and exhibits
• Provide layout support for a rapidly increasing volume and variety of editorial output
• Work closely with other production team members and copyeditors to set and maintain publishing deadlines and to uphold superior publishing standards
• Liaise between designers, editors, freelancers, and print and web production staff
• Assist with other ad hoc projects as required
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
• Journalism degree preferable (undergraduate or graduate)
• 3 to 5 years’ experience in a deadline-oriented editorial production environment, ideally at a business publication but digital publishing, newspaper or magazine newsrooms, broadcast operations, or other editorial settings are also acceptable
• Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks while maintaining high-quality standards; keen attention to detail
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills and ability to interact productively with McKinsey consultants/authors, editors, and freelancers
• Ability and willingness to learn new techniques and skills
• PC proficiency in a Windows environment including MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Familiarity with Adobe Acrobat, InDesign, and Illustrator desired
• Familiarity with The Chicago Manual of Style
• Willingness to work extended hours in order to meet deadlines
• A high level of commitment to working as part of a team
|About Our Company
||McKinsey & Company is a global management consulting firm. We are the trusted advisor to the world's leading businesses, governments, and institutions.
We work with leading organizations across the private, public and social sectors. Our scale, scope, and knowledge allow us to address problems that no one else can. We have deep functional and industry expertise as well as breadth of geographical reach. We are passionate about taking on immense challenges that matter to our clients and, often, to the world.
We work with our clients as we do with our colleagues. We build their capabilities and leadership skills at every level and every opportunity. We do this to help build internal support, get to real issues, and reach practical recommendations. We bring out the capabilities of clients to fully participate in the process and lead the ongoing work.