|Publication or Company
McKinsey & Company
||B2B Publishing, Corporate/Institutional/Technical Writing, Internet/Online/New Media, Magazine Publishing
||401K/403B, Dental, Health, Profit-Sharing
||Global Editorial Services (GES) is McKinsey & Company’s largest publishing group, providing editorial and production support for a diverse and growing portfolio covering a broad range of industry and functional topics. End products include white papers; reports; short, data-focused articles; interviews and externally authored content; and the “McKinsey on…” series of industry-focused publications. The GES production team is a geographically dispersed group, with members in New York, Massachusetts, California, Colorado, Washington, and Gurgaon, India.
As Assistant Managing Editor for GES, the successful applicant will work as part of a 10-person production team, helping to oversee the group’s day-to-day production operations:
• Assist the Editorial Production Manager in overseeing the end-to-end production process, including liaising with editors, copy editors, and other production team members to ensure copy moves through the production process smoothly and efficiently
• Assist the Editorial Production Manager, when required, in assigning projects to other production team members, mentoring other team members, and tracking their performance
• Manage the trafficking of all assets that enter the production process, tracking progress through fact-checking, copy editing, exhibit design, art direction and layout, proofreading, and final sign-off
• Maintain and update production processes, spreadsheets, and database, including providing the production team with regular status updates
• Work closely with the Editorial Production Manager to define and juggle conflicting publishing priorities and meet tight deadline and budget requirements
• Administer monthly surveys to gauge the impact of the group’s publications
IDEALLY, YOU WILL HAVE
• University degree required; advanced degree preferred
• At least 6-7 years’ experience in a deadline-oriented production environment, ideally at a business publication but digital publishing, newspaper or magazine newsrooms, broadcast operations, or other editorial settings are also acceptable
• Proficiency with Windows applications, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint; experience with Adobe Acrobat, InDesign, and Illustrator
• Ability to proofread in compliance with The Chicago Manual of Style
• Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks while maintaining the highest editorial quality standards; strong communication and interpersonal skills; ability to interact productively and proactively with authors, editors, and freelancers; excellent organizational skills and very strong detail orientation
• Extremely strong ability to manage and coordinate work among a geographically and culturally diverse team
• Willingness to work extended hours in order to meet deadlines
• A high level of commitment to working as part of a team
|About Our Company
||McKinsey & Company is a global management consulting firm. We are the trusted advisor to the world's leading businesses, governments, and institutions.
We work with leading organizations across the private, public and social sectors. Our scale, scope, and knowledge allow us to address problems that no one else can. We have deep functional and industry expertise as well as breadth of geographical reach. We are passionate about taking on immense challenges that matter to our clients and, often, to the world.
We work with our clients as we do with our colleagues. We build their capabilities and leadership skills at every level and every opportunity. We do this to help build internal support, get to real issues, and reach practical recommendations. We bring out the capabilities of clients to fully participate in the process and lead the ongoing work.