|Publication or Company
||Graphic Design/Art Direction
San Francisco, CA
WIRED is seeking a passionate and enthusiastic senior photo editor to assign, produce, research, and curate powerful, evocative photography across all platforms - print, online, tablet, video, and social media. A sophisticated, conceptual vision, and a passion for photography and video is a must, as is a deep interest in the core WIRED subjects - technology, business, science, culture and design. This job will be based in the WIRED offices in San Francisco and reports to the Director of Photography.
* Assign and produce photo and video shoots across all platforms of WIRED.
* Collaborate with editors and designers, illustrating stories in an inventive and artful manner.
* Negotiate with photographers and work with budgets on complex, high-production photo and video shoots.
* Conceptualize and pitch stories and videos that reflect WIRED's core values and aesthetic across all platforms.
* Contribute ideas and curate photo and video content for WIRED's social media platforms, including Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook.
* Pitch and curate photo essays for  WIRED.com.
* Oversee the homepage of  WIRED.com to ensure a cohesive, sophisticated aesthetic.
Desired Skills and Qualifications
* 5+ years of experience as a photo editor for magazine, newspaper, or website
* Possess a strong eye for talent and vast knowledge of photographers, videographers, photo representatives and agencies
* Highly organized and detail oriented with excellent editorial judgment
* Familiarity with photo contracts, usage rights, photo licensing and copyright
* Strong communication skills
* Knowledge and proficiency in social media
* Keen curatorial eye and thorough knowledge of photography blogs
* Must be highly self-sufficient and resourceful with strong communication skills
Cond Nast creates the world's best content for the world's most influential audiences. The company attracts more than 164 million consumers across its twenty industry-leading print and digital media brands: Vogue, Vanity Fair, Glamour, Brides, Self, GQ, The New Yorker, Cond Nast Traveler, Details, Allure, Architectural Digest, Bon Apptit, Epicurious, Wired, W, Lucky, Golf Digest, Golf World, Teen Vogue and Ars Technica.
The company launched Cond Nast Entertainment in 2011 to develop film, television and digital video programming. Cond Nast also owns Fairchild Fashion Media (FFM) and its portfolio of comprehensive fashion journalism brands: WWD, Style.com, Footwear News, NowManifest, Beauty Inc., M and Fairchild Summits.
We have the best, brightest and boldest talent in the media industry - individuals who produce our world-class content, design innovative products using the latest technologies and deliver unparalleled value for our business partners. If you would like to be part of this culture of excellence, we invite you to explore this career opportunity and see how your talent and aspirations might fit within Cond Nast. Visit CondeNast.com and follow us on twitter @CondeNast and @CondeNastCareer.
Cond Nast is an equal opportunity workplace.
Duties and responsibilities may be adjusted based on years of experience.
Salary is also commensurate with experience.
|About Our Company
||Condé Nast, a division of Advance Publications, operates in 25 countries. In the United States, Condé Nast publishes 18 consumer magazines, two trade publications and 27 websites that garner international acclaim and unparalleled consumer engagement.
To explore a career with Condé Nast, please visit www.condenastcareers.com to view opportunities, complete a profile and upload your resume.
Condé Nast offers a comprehensive benefits package and is an equal opportunity employer.