|Publication or Company
||Magazine Publishing, Marketing, Non-profit
||401K/403B, Bonuses, Dental, Health
||The American Association for the Advancement of Science (AAAS) seeks a Marketing Associate III to support marketing and promotional efforts for Science Advances in the Office of Publishing and Member Services.
Minimum duties and responsibilities:
• At a lead or senior level, develops marketing campaigns, plans or strategizes to meet editorial and business objectives; Assists with developing and monitoring the marketing budget, including expenditures, costs analysis, and budget projections
• Collaborates with business and editorial departments to design and edit promotional materials including email and social media campaigns, brochures, flyers, giveaways, posters, and direct mail pieces
• Coordinates advertising campaigns with publishers; creates and revises ad copy
• Assists in the development or setup of emails campaigns including preparing HTML, if necessary
• Researches and purchases e-mailing lists to supplement AAAS-maintained lists
• Creates advertising, marketing, and journal/site usage reports with the goal of optimizing future campaigns or product performance
• Maintains Science Advances’ presence on the AAAS/Science website
• Attends academic or industry conferences, meetings, or shows to promote Science Advances, as needed
• Provide other marketing and business support as needed
• Extensive university or college level training leading to a Bachelor's degree in marketing, business, or communications
• Three to five years related experience, preferably in academic or scholarly publishing
• Demonstrated understanding of marketing strategy, email marketing, promotions, and social media
• Excellent organizational skills
• Ability to manage multiple projects and meet deadlines
• Effective written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to work in a collaborative setting with minimal oversight
• Creativity and ingenuity required to create effective campaigns
• Advanced computer skills (Microsoft Office, Photoshop, HTML, etc.) and familiarity with CRM databases preferred
Please visit our job information website http://www.aaas.org/page/employment-aaas to get more information, and to apply to AAAS online.
AAAS is an EO employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or other protected category. AAAS uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees.
|About Our Company
||AAAS (American Association for the Advancement of Science) is an international non-profit organization dedicated to advancing science around the world by serving as an educator, leader, spokesperson and professional association. In addition to organizing membership activities, AAAS publishes the journal Science, as well as many scientific newsletters, books and reports, and spearheads programs that raise the bar of understanding for science worldwide.