|Publication or Company
FASHION INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY (Technology Assoc)
||FILM & MEDIA, Photography
New York, NY
||This position provides leadership and management expertise to the production component of FIT's new Film and Media Program, which brings in its first cohort of students Fall 2014. The new Technology Associate oversees operational management and standards for the Production Studio, Edit Lab, and Equipment Cage.
The Technology Associate must start summer 2014 to organize and set-up the Equipment Cage and Checkout System for the program.
The Technology Associate is the functional lead of the Film and Media Production area. The Production area will service all Film and Media undergraduates, and Film and Media faculty. In addition to overseeing the Equipment Cage, Production Shooting Studio, and Edit Lab, the Technology Associate will be actively available to students; helping them with software and troubleshooting student's technical issues on a daily basis.
FIT's Film and Media Program uses DSLR technology and MAC computers. The Technology Associate will be regarded as the expert in the Production area and be responsible for evaluating and recommending new technologies to improve the functions and efficiencies of the Production area. The Technology Associate will also manage a small team of assistants and student workers.
We are looking for a Technology Associate to take a leadership role in keeping the program current with the latest moving image concepts and technologies.
This is a general description and not to be construed as all-inclusive.
* Research and Set-up Computerized Equipment Checkout System.
* Set-up Equipment Cage (unpacking, testing, organizing, labeling all the new gear).
* Develop a yearly budget for equipment purchase and repair.
* Research, Budget & order yearly equipment for studios, labs and student use.
* Regularly inspect all computers and software to make sure they are operating properly.
* Check out Equipment to students.
* Inspection of equipment for damaged and proper function.
* Minor equipment repair.
* Facilitate and Instruct department-wide Equip and Software demos.
* Give in-class demos on new equipment, both audio and video.
* Provide technical instruction to both faculty and students on current film and audio software.
* Oversee Part-time and Full-time Techs, and Student Workers.
* Regularly meet with Film and Media faculty to discuss Equipment needs.
* Collaborate with faculty and department chairs to develop, implement and support new digital film making technologies
* Bachelors Degree in related field.
* 3-5 years recent experience in managing an Equipment Checkout system for either educational or industry institutions.
* 3-5 years recent experience in training and/or instructional environment in the use of workstations, software, servers, peripherals
* Knowledge of current trends in DSLR filmmaking and audio recording technology.
* Extensive knowledge of Mac computers, devices and familiarity with Windows and Android devices.
* Excellent organizational and time-management skills.
* Ability and willingness to interface daily with students, faculty and staff.
* Ability to handle Equipment Cage needs and Classroom needs simultaneously
* Strong leadership, collaboration and communication skills
* Experience with the following:
* Current image display systems, 2D projectors and monitors and the ability to connect them to various data playback systems.
* Sound support systems, including mixers, microphones, monitors, surround sound systems and portable PAs.
* Digital media compressions and codecs.
* Digital media playback systems and the ability to master digital media for those systems including Mac Mini, media players, Blu-ray, and DVD.
* Digital editing software, including Final-cut Pro X, Premiere Pro, Avid Media Composer, After
* Effects, Photoshop, and Pro Tools Audio Editing software.
* Familiarity with smart-classroom and smart-theater operation.
Full time position
35 hours per week
93/0 Salary commensurate with experience
Applicants interested to apply MUST submit the following documents online * Resume/CV Cover letter
Returning Applicants - Login to your FITNYC Careers Account to check your completed application
To learn more about FIT go to www.fitnyc.edu
FIT is firmly committed to creating an environment that will attract and retain people of diverse racial and cultural backgrounds. By providing a learning and working environment that encourages, utilizes, respects, and appreciates the full expression of every individual's ability, the FIT community fosters its mission and grows because of its rich, pluralistic experience. FIT is committed to prohibiting discrimination, whether based on race, national origin, gender, religion, ethnic background, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or any other criterion prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local laws. FIT is committed to providing equal opportunity in employment, including the opportunity for upward mobility for all qualified individuals.
|About Our Company
||The Fashion Institute of Technology (FIT), an internationally renowned college of art and design, business and technology of the State University of New York, invites applications for the position of Technology Associate in the Film, Media and Performing Arts department.