|Publication or Company
||Internet/Online/New Media, Web Development
New York, NY
||We are looking for a self-motivated Web Developer to join our small, fun Manhattan-based team in creating dynamic websites for one of the top media and event publication companies. You’ll work with business and design teams to build and produce various web-based products and services. This includes not only learning new IT skills and working collaboratively on a team of developers, but also overseeing and contributing to the complete business process.
We use several different technologies for our multiple business areas, so being diverse is an important asset to the team. You need to be passionate about your craft as you take initiative to solve problems using new technologies while building with low maintenance needs. Since our team is small, you will have a chance to make an immediate impact and be part of the solutions we need.
- Work with our product managers to create, develop and tweak features for our sites
- Create integration UX plans for our ever-growing product lines
- Help improve, rebuild and expand our resources and systems
- Make architectural suggestions that impact thousands of users and corporations
- Research new technologies to see how we can apply them to better the development process
Our backend currently consists of:
- PHP (Wordpress)
- VBScript/JScript (classic ASP)
- C# (ASP.NET)
- have at least 3 to 5 years experience in web development
- be able to comfortably learn and apply new technologies and concepts in your workflow
- write easy-to-read, self-documenting code
- be proficient in HTML5, CSS3, jQuery, cross-browser compatibility
- have experience writing SQL and working with databases (we use SQL Server and MySQL)
- be comfortable interacting with non-technical people (e.g. business teams, designers, etc.)
- have a degree in computer science or something related
- the full engineering stack
- WordPress and/or Drupal backend (templates, themes, modules)
- Source control systems (Perforce, Git)
- Photoshop/Gimp (measure layouts, sample colors, crop and save assets)
We’d also love to see your GitHub or Bitbucket profile (or other online projects).
|About Our Company
||Mediabistro (NASDAQ: MBIS) is a community of media professionals that has grown over 13 years with tremendous good will, with offices in Manhattan.
Mediabistro is the leading provider of jobs, news, education, events, and research for the media industry. Our mission is to help media professionals succeed and grow in their careers as we provide them with opportunities to acquire new positions, knowledge, skills, and connections.
We offer competitive compensation commensurate with experience, along with a very
generous benefit package that includes medical/dental/vision/life/disability insurance,
paid vacation/sick/personal/company holidays, 401K, fitness reimbursement, FSA, commuter discounts, and a casual and fun work environment!