|Publication or Company
Niche Media Holdings
||401K/403B, Dental, Health
New York, NY
||Niche Media is looking for a driven Associate Fashion Editor to join our high-performing New York team. The primary duties for this position include the following:
• Write fashion-related stories, from short news items to longer features that are entertaining, informative and geared toward specific regional markets.
• Covers womens/mens market: Represent the fashion department at events and market appointments, stays abreast of industry news and trends.
• Call in merchandise for photo shoots utilizing your solid base of industry contacts.
• Attend fashion shows and report back on trends.
• Work with fashion team to conceptualize ideas for location photo shoots and still-life pages.
• Work closely with fashion PR teams to ensure merchandise acquired for shoots is available in market(s) where merchandise will be featured.
• Potentially style fashion shoots on an as-needed basis.
• Gather and write credits for fashion stories and still-life pages as needed.
• Format stories, credits, etc., per magazine style standards.
• Work closely with freelance stylists to acquire credit information in a timely manner and ensure this information is in the appropriate format.
• Maintain a passion for market work to discover luxury-driven merchandise that would be an ideal fit for one or more of our regional publications.
• Work with executive fashion director and senior fashion editor to edit product for on-model layouts and still-life pages prior to shooting.
• Communicate and build strong relationships with PR reps throughout the fashion and accessory industries.
• Build strong work relationships with other departments within the organization (art, photo, copy, fact, events, finance, etc).
• Maintain the schedule of your assigned stories and work closely with managing editors to ensure deadlines are met.
• Other duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications and experience:
• Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; or two to four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Must have a minimum of 1 year of fashion editorial experience.
• Solid writing ability; able to craft fashion news and features to meet journalistic standards.
• Experience covering mens and womens market.
• Familiarity with Adobe InDesign preferred.
• Ability to use MAC platform as well as Word, Excel, and Gmail.
Successful candidates work well under pressure and thrive in a dynamic, deadline-driven, rapidly changing environment. This position will work independently and as part of a team.
|About Our Company
||Niche Media is the country's preeminent regional magazine group catering to the most affluent socially active residents and visitors to our markets through distinct publications including ASPEN PEAK, AUSTIN WAY, BOSTON COMMON, CAPITOL FILE, GOTHAM, HAMPTONS, LOS ANGELES CONFIDENTIAL, MICHIGAN AVENUE, OCEAN DRIVE, PHILADELPHIA STYLE, and VEGAS. Niche Media creates city-specific magazines offering the best in fashion, food, culture, society, real estate and design.