|Publication or Company
Bloomsbury Childrens Books/Walker Books for Young
||401K/403B, Dental, Health
New York, NY
We are looking for a bright, hard-working person to join the Bloomsbury USA Children’s Editorial team. The Children’s Editorial Assistant supports the Children’s editorial department—most particularly the editorial director—in a wide range of administrative editorial tasks and administrative tasks.
• Reading and evaluating submissions and manuscripts.
• Generating tipsheets.
• Writing flap/cover copy and advanced reader and catalog copy.
• Title acquisition support (running P&Ls, contract requests, acquisition memos, check requests, title management systems work, etc.)
• Corresponding with authors and agents.
• Trafficking book materials at all stages both in house and out.
• Preparing editorial and marketing materials.
• Performing market research
• Keeping schedules and general department organization, liaising with various departments, as well as paperwork and other systems duties.
• Four year undergraduate degree in a related field.
• Internship experience preferred
• Ability to communicate clearly, both verbally and in writing
• Highly motived and detail-oriented; strong organizational skills.
• Ability to juggle many tasks under pressure.
• Strong writing skills
• Creative thinker and problem solver.
• Solid understanding of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
• Basic understanding of how to operate electronic reading devices (Kindle, Nook, iPad)
• Enthusiasm for and knowledge of children’s books
|About Our Company
||Bloomsbury Childrens Books, a division of Bloomsbury PLC, was launched in 2002 in the US as a general interest publisher of childrens books for readers of all ages. The imprint publishes such award-winning and bestselling authors and illustrators as Newbery Honor winner Shannon Hale, Julianne Moore, LeUyen Pham, Carrie Jones, Amy Krouse Rosenthal, Celia Rees, Leslie Margolis, Jennifer Sattler, Dr. Cuthbert Soup, and E. D. Baker. In the U.K., Bloomsbury is the publisher of J. K. Rowlings Harry Potter series. Founded over fifty years ago, Walker Books for Young Readers publishes such acclaimed books as the Caldecott Honoree Gone Wild, written and illustrated by David McLimans, New York Times bestselling Perfect Chemistry series by Simone Elkeles, The Drake Chronicles by Alyxandra Harvey, and New York Times bestseller Kevin OMalley.
Bloomsbury Publishing provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national, origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.