Our new Creative Lead, Copy is always curious. She or he likes to explore what’s new, what’s old and what’s possible. This person also likes telling other people about things — sometimes verbally but usually with prose that’s interesting and informative. Our Creative Lead is an admired practitioner of the copywriting craft and knows it but doesn’t bring an attitude. She or he wants the hands-on, opportunity-filled, fun-loving and friendly life of working at a smallish, dynamic shop and we’re happy to oblige.
• Collaborate with art and technology team members to develop strategically smart and creatively inspiring concepts for both online and offline projects
• Write brilliant long- and short-form copy of all types, from microsites and collateral to emails and social posts and even a few video scripts to boot
• Immerse yourself in complex financial topics, understand them and rework them into language that’s appropriate for internal, B2B and B2C communications
• Stay abreast of happenings in the financial services industry and the world as it relates to the markets
• Partner with the client services and strategy teams to help identify the richest insights that will be the foundation for your creative efforts
• Present creative (copy and design) internally and externally, with the ability to tie it back to strategic and business goals
• Detail-oriented enough to follow good file management practices and version control and provide the occasional on-time timesheet
• Actively participate in that mushy culture-building stuff that makes all the time we spend at work more enjoyable
• Ability, and enough patience, to work with the client during the revision process and through legal approvals. Knowing when to compromise and when and how to push back
• 8-10 years of proven copywriting experience, including: concept development, copywriting for long-form digital and print, conceptual work such as online and offline ads as well as effective amplification-type messaging in email and social.
• MUST have been working at least 5 of those years writing in the financial services category (wealth management, retirement services, asset management), both B2B and B2C
• Expert in: Word. Working knowledge in: PowerPoint, Excel and Adobe CS a plus
• Portfolio should include a variety of award-winning work but perhaps even more importantly, really, really smart work that solved problems. Stuff that you’re proud of even if it might not get you to Cannes. We understand if it’s not part of your regular portfolio but we’ll also want to see examples of B2B work.
• Knowledge of best practices for email, web, mobile, direct, social, collateral and signage, and is able to present a convincing case when they feel those best practices need to be broken
• BA/BS degree required, even though you probably didn’t get it in copywriting
About Our Company
HNW is a smallish shop primarily focused on below-the-line work as we push ourselves along the edge of time, space and SoHo. Now stop being so lazy and read a more formal explanation of what we do and who we are at hnw.com.