The Huffington Post is seeking an editorial fellow to work with HuffPost Tech in its New York office.
Applicants should be hungry self-starters with a familiarity with business and tech news eager to learn and contribute in a fast-paced, fun environment. We are looking for go-getter news and internet junkies with strong web skills. This is a great opportunity to learn all the ins and outs of new media and get first-hand exposure to how The Huffington Post works.
- Writing headlines, packaging stories, and video content
-Find and write short stories about the hottest entrepreneurs, small businesses and startups.
--Conceive and package career strategy and management strategy stories.
- Monitoring breaking news and identifying viral stories
- Pitch and produce shareable content for a social media audience
- Aid in managing Facebook and Twitter accounts
Requirements for success:
- Insatiable appetite for news and information
- Strong research and writing skills
- Enamored with the power and influence of social media
- Meticulous dedication to detail and the ability to multitask
- Creativity and confidence to share your unique perspective and ideas
- Ability to receive constructive criticism professionally, and quickly apply the feedback
- A demonstrated excitement about HuffPost’s editorial mission.
The HuffPost Fellowship usually lasts four to six months, giving our Fellows the opportunity to discover whether HuffPost is the right place to launch their career.
This is a paid program providing experience and training from beginning to end. We focus on teaching our Fellows everything there is to know about how the Huffington Post approaches web publishing. This program is based in AOL’s New York office in Greenwich Village.
Huffington Post Media Group is an AOL company. AOL is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, color, disability, marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other classification prescribed by applicable law.
About Our Company
The Huffington Post is a Pulitzer Prize-winning source of breaking news, features, and entertainment, as well as a highly engaged community for opinion and conversation. The Huffington Post has 50 million monthly unique visitors (comScore November, 2012) posting more than 8 million comments each month. The site has more than 40,000 bloggers -- from politicians, students and celebrities to academics, parents and policy experts -- who contribute in real-time on the subjects they are most passionate about. The Huffington Post has editions in the UK, Canada, Quebec, France, Spain, and Italy with Japan and more scheduled to launch in the coming months.