|Publication or Company
WGBH Educational Foundation
American Experience is an award-winning historical documentary series broadcasting nationally on PBS. It is the longest running and most watched history series on television.
As the long-form American history documentary series on PBS, America's most-trusted network, American Experience seeks to become the go-to source for American history lovers in the digital space. The Digital Community Manager will oversee online community engagement for the series as well as social media strategy and management. Working under the supervision of the Senior Producer, Digital Content and Strategy, and in close collaboration with the Marketing Account Manger, the Digital Community Manager is responsible for leading the conceptualization and implementation of cutting edge social and digital creative content to expand and enhance the series' presence in the online American history community. The ideal candidate will have a passion for history, translating the contemporary relevance of history, and the capacity and desire to share assets in a way that is in line with the series’ editorial standards.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Develop goals in line with the series' digital strategy to promote content and increase audience engagement through our blog, newsletter, and social media platforms
• Bring added value thinking on the rapidly evolving digital landscape, from spotting trends, products and people, to resources as they emerge on the digital scene
• Facilitate relationships and partnerships with key individuals and relevant organizations to help attract new audiences
• Manage the series blog by commissioning posts from staff as well as guest bloggers
• Oversee publication of the series' e-newsletter, and develop a strategy to grow the mailing list
• Strategically plan posts and ad buys on American Experience social media platforms, and manage the budget
• Use analytics to track and report on user engagement, informing future strategy
• Conceptualize and execute cutting edge social and digital campaigns
• Work with other PBS brands and programs to cross-promote like interests and digital assets
• Maintain an identity/voice that reinforces positive brand attributes
• Strong writing, communication and analytic skills essential
• Solid understanding of editorial and branding principles
• Strong interest in American history
• Expert knowledge of the social media landscape, paid ad buys, and trends and best practices across the various platforms
• Experience in blogging, live tweeting, live chats, and other community building platforms
• Expert knowledge of analytics platforms
• Ability to pitch unique content and concepts
• Ability to work and develop strategies with both the editorial and sales/marketing teams
• Ability to balance priorities, multiple projects, and tasks
• Ability to work in a collaborative team environment
• 5-7 years professional experience in editorial or branded content, including overseeing a social media stream for a major brand
• Contacts with industry leaders at the major social platforms
• Familiarity with basic HTML, content management systems, blogging platforms, as well as Photoshop, Final Cut, etc.
• Experience with inbound marketing techniques and best practices
• Keen attention to detail
• BA degree or higher
|About Our Company
||WGBH is PBS's single largest producer of content for television (prime-time and childrens' programs) and the Web. Some of your favorite series and websites Nova, Masterpiece, Frontline, Antiques Roadshow, Curious George, Arthur, and The Victory Garden, to name a few are produced here in our Boston studios. WGBH also is a major supplier of programs heard nationally on public radio, including The World. And were a pioneer in educational multimedia and in media access technologies for people with hearing or vision loss.