|Publication or Company
||Entertainment, Graphic Design/Art Direction, Magazine Publishing, Photography, Social Media
• Basic still photography and photo editing
• Create daily visual stories for DRAFT's social media and online outlets
• Source provided images
• Coordinate off-site photo shoots
• Create exciting graphics for web and print
• Liaise with editors and art director to conceptualize content presentation and image/illustration needs
• Create custom design elements for DRAFTmag.com
• Adapt/edit magazine images for DRAFTmag.com
• Organize and manage image library
• 1-2 years experience in a multimedia newsroom or related experience.
• A bachelor’s degree in graphic design, photography or equivalent experience.
• Proficiency in Photoshop and Illustrator, Quark and basic web knowledge.
• Understand color and resolution specifications for print and web.
• Basic image editing: Retouching, color correction and silhouetting.
• Experience negotiating with freelance photographers and working with budgets.
• Experience in and enthusiasm for still photography and photo editing.
• Keen understanding of visual storytelling for social media.
• Polite, professional communication skills; you send well-written, formal emails, and are comfortable coordinating photo shoots over the phone.
• Ability to communicate design concepts visually and verbally.
• Well-developed organizational and problem-solving skills, and an ability to balance multiple responsibilities and deadlines.
• PLUSSES: Video production and editing; enthusiasm for food styling and/or craft beer
NOTE: This position is geared toward applicants who understand and enjoy the scrupulous, precise nature of photography, photo editing and the creative work of visual storytelling.
|About Our Company
||DRAFT Magazine is seeking a motivated photo editor/designer. The photo editor will work beneath the art director and in collaboration with other DRAFT editors.