|Publication or Company
||Book Publishing, Graphic Design/Art Direction, Internet/Online/New Media, Other Publishing, Web Development
||401K/403B, Dental, Health
||Sourcebooks, an independent publishing house located in Naperville, IL, is looking for a dynamic designer to join our innovative eCommerce team in the role of Web Designer. This role supports multiple book imprints including Simple Truths (www.simpletruths.com), a leader in inspirational and motivational publishing, and Put Me In The Story (www.putmeinthestory.com), one of the largest and best personalized book sites in the world.
As a Web Designer you will be responsible for providing user-centric designs for our websites that leverage existing templates but offer design innovation and opportunities for testing and improvement. In our fast-paced environment, the Web Designer is expected to think creatively and move quickly from concept through execution (including supporting our current Simple Truths site redesign). Day-to-day job responsibilities also include providing designs and creative assets for email, on site, and social media marketing campaigns.
The successful Web Designer we want will:
• Inspire Consumers through Design: Understand our customer and provide designs that inspire and motivate our consumers, as well as drive conversions.
• Balance Speed with Quality: Ask questions, make suggestions, and provide high quality options in a dynamic environment so we can provide quick turnaround on web pages, emails, and other marketing content.
• Love Typography: Balance beautiful images with strong typography, and at times create designs where the words can stand alone.
• Be a Brand Steward: Drive our brands into modern design treatments and create brand playbooks that guide the direction of the brand cohesively.
• Collaborate and be a Team Player: Work closely with eCommerce team members and other key stakeholders to capture design requirements and translate them into design solutions. Iterate existing designs, brainstorm new ways to go to market, and provide unique ideas that make the entire team stronger.
• At least 1 years’ experience working in eCommerce environments;
• Visual graphic design experience using the Adobe create suite of products;
• Proficiency coding HTML and CSS;
• Experience with and interest in learning the latest web technologies (HTML5/CSS3);
• A strong understanding of web design and UX concepts and techniques;
• Self-motivated with a positive attitude and strong communication skills;
• Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in a design or art field.
Ideal Candidate will also:
• Maintain detailed knowledge and insight into the latest web design trends
• Have a clear design aesthetic that complements Sourcebooks aesthetic.
• Exhibit a passion for design and for the mission of the company
|About Our Company
||Sourcebooks is working on creating the next evolution of a book publishing company. We thrive on our collaborative culture and are guided by the talents, passions and innovations of more than 115 enthusiastic book-loving employees who are dedicated to finding new ways to connect with authors, readers, and ideas. We publish over 300 new titles each year, and are honored to have 40+ New York Times bestsellers. You would be joining an organization that won the 2013 Publishing Innovator of the Year award and is led by FutureBooks’ Most Inspiring Digital Person of 2013. We are doing some great things and plan to do more!
Sourcebooks is an equal opportunity employer. We invite resumes from all interested parties including women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities.