• Eight plus years of experience in publishing preferably journals publishing.
• Experience presenting to groups large and small
• Ability to communicate effectively with internal colleagues and external clients
• Ability to establish and maintain strong, effective, working relationships with internal colleagues, external clients and potential clients
• Analytical and forecasting ability to review trends and align development appropriately as well as to create sales forecasts in conjunction with colleagues in sales and marketing
About Our Company
Oxford University Press furthers the University objective of excellence in research, scholarship, and education by publishing worldwide. OUP is the largest university press in the world.
The Senior Editor will be an integral member of the US journal’s editorial team in helping us establish and maintain strong relationships with societies and editorial teams. The Senior Editor will be responsible for managing a list of Medical/Science journals.
• Manage a list of journals to ensure journal, departmental and divisional targets (including revenue and profitability) are achieved, including maintaining good internal and external relationships and retaining society contracts.
• Develop the list of journals to maximize long and short term profitability of the journal list.
• Manage the budgets and pricing for individual journals.
• Attend appropriate conferences and industry events as appropriate; travel to maintain relationships and attend board meetings as well as internal meetings, either departmental or divisional.