|Publication or Company
Kensington Publishing Corp.
||Book Publishing, Internet/Online/New Media
||401K/403B, Bonuses, Dental, Health
New York, NY
||Kensington is seeking a Digital Content Data Specialist who is extremely detail oriented and interested in the importance of how metadata affects book sales. We are looking for someone who is interested in and has a background in eBook metadata, ePub file format, and strong communication skills. Our specialist will be involved in the following:
• Assuring timely eBook production.
o Building metadata for new and backlist titles including liaising with departments internally to obtain necessary information and materials.
o Following up with our outside eBook production house and digital warehousing partner and resolving day-to-day issues effecting timely completion of digitization and delivery.
o Monitoring open items on production and delivery issues list and resolving or escalating.
o Suppling metadata requested by retailers for any special issues or problems.
• Tracking eBook files that require rework due to internal errors and redelivering files for conversion, as well as metadata when necessary.
• Facilitating pre-order deliveries by gathering and providing the necessary materials.
• Ensuring that all titles are active at major retailers and communicating with necessary contacts when eBooks are missing from their inventory and assisting in the problem resolution.
• Watching for trends and suggesting metadata updates (i.e. BISAC and pricing) when necessary, as well as executing approved changes.
• Running catalog comparisons at retailers to ensure that all titles are available at all major retailers. Queuing files, metadata, and covers for redelivery to retailers as necessary.
• Assist in pulling data and building materials for eBook promotions.
• Working with our distribution clients to ensure their titles and metadata are converted and delivered to market in the required time frame.
• Communicating cancellation notices to retailers when necessary, and ensuring cancelled titles are removed from sale.
• Additional projects as new opportunities in the digital publishing arena arise.
2+ years experience in publishing operations
• Excellent attention to detail and experience communicating with high-level business partners
• Excellent computer skills, including Microsoft Office—specifically Excel
• Strong interest in commercial publishing and knowledge of what is currently working in the marketplace
• Ability to prioritize and complete tasks with minimal supervision
• BA or equivalent work experience
• Must be a team-player who can work well with others.
• A love of books/eBooks—particularly romance, mysteries and thrillers, women’s fiction, and young adult books, is essential.
|About Our Company
||Kensington Publishing is one of the last remaining large privately owned publishers in the country. We publish hardcover, trade paper and mass market books. Please visit out website for more information at www.kensingtonbooks.com.