|Publication or Company
World Wildlife Fund
||World Wildlife Fund (WWF), the world’s leading conservation organization, seeks a Communications Director, Food Goal. This person will lead the development and execution of short- and long-term external communications strategies that help enable the Food team to achieve its conservation goals and objectives. Serves as the point of contact on internal and external communications inquiries related to the Goal Team and is recognized at WWF-US and in the WWF Network as the communications expert for the Food Goal.
1. Develops all short- and long-term external communications strategies related to the Food Goal and oversees all Food content within WWF-US. Proactively sells the activities and results of the Goal team to external audiences.
2. Develops content and stories for projects related to the Food Goal Team and signs off on or oversees all content and stories related to the Goal Team that are created by others at WWF.
3. Advises the Goal team on communications related to on-going work as well as projects being stage-gated and leads and/or coordinates Food communications for priority international advocacy, policy, meetings or events.
4. Ensures consistent messaging on Food issues for all key audiences (external and internal) and monitors Food-related communications trends.
5. Helps manage conflict and crisis communications around Food issues.
* A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in communications, media, marketing or related subject required.
* At least ten years of professional communications experience with professional exposure to and knowledge of Food issues.
* Demonstrated success in conceptualizing, developing, implementing and managing communications strategies that support an entity’s goals.
* Experience with mission-oriented, strategic communications or brand marketing is essential.
* Experience working in an international environment a plus.
Skills and Abilities:
* Exceptional verbal and written communication skills and creative and innovative thinker
* Anticipates communications conflicts, reputation and brand risks, and works to mitigate them
* Strong commitment to mission, goals and values
* Attention to detail, discrete and ability to manage multiple projects
* Ability to work as part of a team in a multi-cultural environment
* Ability to position Food issues in such a way as to influence and leverage change well beyond WWF
* Please visit our careers page and submit an online application
* Submit cover letter and resume to http://worldwildlife.org/about/careers/jobs, job # 14041
* The most compatible browser that supports the application process is Internet Explorer 7, or version 8 and 9 in “compatibility mode”
* Due to the high volume of applications we are not able to respond to inquiries via phone
As an EOE/AA employer, WWF will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, national origin, and veteran or disability status.