|Publication or Company
||Internet/Online/New Media, Magazine Publishing, Other Publishing, Sales/Advertising Sales
||We are looking for a sales director; a sales leader. Is that you?
You'll be someone who is eager to impact change throughout our organization. You'll play a vital role in making a brand that is very good, into a brand that is great.
You’ll drive a positive change when you:
• Set an aggressive plan to meet or surpass all of PN's revenue goals.
• Consistently train and educate the sales team.
• Assist Publisher with setting goals.
• Oversee Advertising Sales Administration.
Within a relatively short time, you will look back and see the impact you've had on improving the selling process, the customer experience and the marketing options that Plastics News offers to customers.
You will be joining the most respected media brand in the global plastics industry. By helping us to evolve into the 21st century, you will make Plastics News one of the best places to work at Crain and in business media.
From a news perspective, Plastics News covers the business of the global plastics industry. It focuses on commercial, financial, legislative and market-related developments worldwide that affect North American plastic product manufacturers and their suppliers and customers. Plastics Newsis also the leading marketing and advertising vehicle for customers that need to reach the North American market. The PN brand includes the industry’s only weekly print publication, multiple news websites, a dozen e-newsletters, industry award programs and a half dozen live events, including the Plastics News Executive Forum.
Who you are:
• You bring 10 years of experience selling, with 5 years (minimum) of experience managing people and a service mentality.
• Leader whose qualities include being an excellent listener, a great judge of people, and the ability to put the needs of subordinates ahead of personal desires.
• Idea generator and evaluator with the ability to spot and respond to problems and opportunities.
• Systems oriented and at home working with technology.
• Able to create effective sales strategies and understand and support profit goals.
• Knowledgeable of research, promotion, and online advertising programs.
Founded in 1989, Plastics News is a media brand serving primarily the North American market. The publication's mission is to report completely, promptly, fairly and accurately, and to provide plastics industry officials with the market information and competitive intelligence they need to do their jobs more effectively.
Crain Communications Inc is one of the largest privately-owned business publishers in the U.S. with over 25 leading business, trade and consumer titles in North America and Europe. As an authoritative source of vital news and information to industry leaders and consumers worldwide, each of the company's newspapers, magazines and electronic news sites have become required reading in their respective sector of business and consumer market. Providing unmatched value and award-winning editorial excellence, the company is respected for its dependable journalism which readers have relied upon for over 90 years.
Crain Communications offers a competitive salary, a generous benefits package, and a friendly work environment. This is a great time to join our organization -- a well established publishing leader. To apply for this position please visit our website at www.crain.com and search under the employment section. To be considered for this position please submit a cover letter and resume.
We thank you for your interest in Crain Communications and invite you to visit our website as positions are updated regularly.
Crain Communications is an Equal Opportunity Employer.