|Publication or Company
||Advertising Agency, Entertainment, Internet/Online/New Media, Marketing, Sales/Advertising Sales
||401K/403B, Dental, Health
Santa Monica, CA
||Whalerock Industries is currently hiring a Digital Sales Planner to join our Sales team. This role will support frontline Sales Development Managers. The sales planner will be integral in helping develop and deliver sales proposals to clients, ensuring campaign success, and meeting clients’ needs. We are looking for a candidate with previous digital experience with a demonstrated passion for interactive, social, mobile, and related technologies. This person will report to the Managing Director, Sales.
• Develop sales proposals and media solutions using Excel and PowerPoint based on client objectives.
• Assist sales team in development of campaign strategies and building of customized presentations and creative mocks/examples.
• Identify site audience/demographics and ideal media mix for advertiser objectives, leveraging resources for a competitive advantage.
• Work closely with Sales Development and Account Management team to ensure timely advertising campaign launch and delivery .
• Interface with internal and VO team to source digital inventory and avails.
• Cultivate a positive working relationship with advertisers and the sales team.
• Monitor process for sales proposals and pricing, and follow established guidelines for RFP processing.
• Assist Sales Development with all forms of collateral materials for use in closing new business (including but not limited to: presentation materials, competitive analysis and campaign analysis).
• Adhere to best practices and department processes.
• Develop strong understanding of Whalerock Industries’ ad products and sponsorship opportunities
• Stay abreast of industry issues and trends.
Desired Skills and Experience
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
• 1-3 years of experience with digital sales, digital trafficking, or similar.
• Candidates must be highly organized with the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced changing environment, with a focus on customer service, process efficiency and accuracy.
• Must be able to work both independently and in a team environment, and be able to interact effectively with other team members, management and customers.
• Must possess excellent problem-solving skills, contribute innovative solutions and recommend process improvements.
• Must have excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
• A sense of humor is a must.
• You are creative and have a keen interest in new or digital media.
• You solve problems.
• You are entrepreneurial, smart, and passionate.
• You love to win.
• If you don’t know how to do something, you speak up and work with team members to learn
• You naturally go the extra mile.
• You thrive in a fast-paced work environment, readily adapting to continually changing priorities and aggressive project timeframes.
• You give credit to others where credit is due and take responsibility for misses when they rest with you.
• Did we mention you love to win?
|About Our Company
||Whalerock Industries is a Santa Monica based company with interests across the media and technology landscape. Whalerock’s digital brands include Wonderwall, Moviefone, Mandatory, Mom.me, Tested, Tasted, PawNation, Purple Clover, and Cinefix, among others. Whalerock Industries has strategic alliances with MGM, Starcom MediaVest, P&G, Aol, AARP, Microsoft, YouTube and other major global institutions to bring world-class premium content and experiences to tens of millions of people every month across all devices and screens.