|Publication or Company
||Corporate/Institutional/Technical Writing, Internet/Online/New Media, Marketing
San Francisco, CA
||As part of the Autodesk University (AU) marketing team, the Web Editor is responsible for editing and managing content for the AU website. Responsibilities include editing original content as well as repurposing existing content, with the goal of providing compelling content that engages the AU community and connects Autodesk users, prospects, educators, and students with the most relevant online learning, year-round.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
• Edit and manage content for assigned areas of website.
• Publish content updates in CMS (Adobe Experience Manager) as necessary.
• Edit all content for style, web best practices, and search engine optimization (SEO).
• Work closely with writer and SEO team to integrate key search terms.
• Ensure that content conveys correct messaging while also speaking in the appropriate voice.
• Partner with web marketing managers and web project managers to ensure smooth, on-time publication of content.
• Ensure web content guidelines/standards/style guide are applied consistently.
• Participate in internal and creative meetings as necessary.
• Other responsibilities as assigned.
• 4-year college degree, preferably in English, communications, journalism, or a related area.
• 5 years professional experience in web editing and/or writing.
• Must be able to provide writing or editing samples upon request.
• Must be able to pass written copyediting test.
• Demonstrated proficiency in editing high-quality content specifically for web.
• Experience in adhering to web style guides.
• Ability to prioritize work and manage projects on schedule.
• Familiarity with web publishing tools, including Adobe CQ5 (AEM) content management system, and basic understanding of web and web page structure.
• Familiarity with Microsoft Office suite and commonly used web browsers.
• Experience with SEO a plus.
|About Our Company
||Autodesk helps people imagine, design, and create a better world. Everyone—from design professionals, engineers and architects to digital artists, students and hobbyists—uses Autodesk software to unlock their creativity and solve important challenges. For more information visit autodesk.com or follow @autodesk.