HBO Director, Video Production Engineering
|Publication or Company
||New York, NY
Technical position responsible for the development and strategic guidance of digital media production architecture for a variety of environments including digital media preparation, rendering media, hardware configurations, automated and manual workflows. Communicate and collaborate with peers, vendors and internal departments.
• Use industry standards and techniques to lead architecture and design of professional production file-based workflows.
• Lead the development of frameworks and processes to enable rendering of audio, video, control and communications utilizing private and public cloud infrastructure technologies.
• Technical design oversight of hardware, software, storage and network for professional production systems.
• Interact with Operations and Engineering management teams to provide appropriate technical guidance and solutions.
• Stay informed on future production technologies and methodologies. Articulate the pros and cons of various video and audio production toolsets.
• Development of technical specifications for media acquisitions and deliverables.
• Manage and supervise minimal departmental staff.
• Mentor and expand technical skills for minimal departmental staff.
• College degree in CS, EE, CE or equivalent experience is required.
• Candidate must have minimum 12 years in the video industry with 5 years digital production engineering.
• Must have strong background of state-of-the-art production and post-production environments.
• Must have strong background with toolsets that include, but not limited to Avid Media Composer, Avid Unity and ISIS, Avid Interplay and Media Manager, Avid AirSpeed, Avid Assist, Avid Pro Tools, Autodesk Flame, Autodesk Smoke and Adobe After Affects.
• Must be familiar with asset management systems.
• Should be familiar with virtual studio tools; such as cloud based render farms, desktops, remote dailies and color, cross-location sync review tools.
• Should be familiar with private and public cloud based video and audio production file-based workflows.
• Should be current with the efforts of standards bodies including SCTE, SMPTE, CES, AES, AMWA and related groups.
• Must be self-motivated with the ability and desire to analyze problems and develop video solutions.
• The candidate must have excellent communications skills in order to be successful.
• Position requires after hours support and travel.
Please ONLY apply for this position at: http://bit.ly/1buydvc
|About Our Company
It's Not TV. It's HBO
Americas most successful premium television company, Home Box Office delivers two 24-hour premium television services HBO and Cinemax to nearly 40 million U.S. subscribers. International joint ventures bring branded services to more than 50 countries around the world, and HBOs programming is sold into over 150 countries worldwide.
HBO offers competitive benefits to include medical, dental, vision, a matched 401(k) plan, flexible spending and transportation reimbursement accounts, pension plan, tuition reimbursement, and cable reimbursement.