HBO Art Director
|Publication or Company
New York, NY
The Art Director provides leadership, vision and strategy to a variety of HBO/Cinemax print and web promotional efforts. Maintains relationships with entire D+P team, understands business area objectives and strategy, and is able to communicate these strategies to their team – assuring the objectives have been met with the proper tone, messaging and design. The Art Director also provides in-depth information concerning media requirements/technology, assists in the team’s development and maintains the highest possible standards of reproduction for all print, web, outdoor, and collateral materials. The Art Director supervises the creative growth and career development of team designers and consistently seeks to enhance the level of creativity generated by team members.
• Promotes the professional development of department by encouraging staff to stay abreast on current design trends and technology.
• Accountability across all levels for adhering to project timelines, department support and service, and ensures collaboration among all department members.
• Partner with designers and writers to develop fresh concepts that accomplish project objectives, maximize the impact of each marketing message, and ensure accuracy in all finished products.
• Receive direction and present proposed design/advertising solutions while meeting deadlines on a variety of projects simultaneously.
• Provide art direction on small-and large-scale projects from creative conception to completion. This includes brainstorming with creative team and supervising client-ready, comprehensive presentations that reflect an understanding of the project’s brand strategy and business objectives.
• Work closely with the Creative Director and VP to ensure creative solutions are reviewed and approved before initial presentation.
• Partner with Print Buyers to adhere to standards in color quality; inspects and approves printer proofs, and selects or recommends paper stocks.
• Identifies cost savings and constraints of each project before presenting conceptual solutions.
• Collaborate as a team on a regular basis to discuss & resolve issues within the department, including staff performance evaluations to ensure a well-motivated team environment.
• Manage creative aspects of print/web development, executes HBO’s brand guidelines from our print or on-air design into web (banners, sales page, emails, promotions) and optimizes images for web with team members.
• A minimum of 5 years of design and art direction experience; college graphic design degree is preferred. Proven leadership with the ability to motivate and supervise a creative team.
• Proficient in Mac software: QuarkXpress, Adobe CS, etc. Must be proficient in the use of Macintosh systems and programs and electronic troubleshooting methods.
• Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
• Ability to interface with all levels of management is essential.
• Clear understanding of meeting project deadlines.
• Entertainment industry experience is a plus.
Please ONLY apply for this position at: http://bit.ly/1fdjoxO
|About Our Company
It's Not TV. It's HBO
Americas most successful premium television company, Home Box Office delivers two 24-hour premium television services HBO and Cinemax to nearly 40 million U.S. subscribers. International joint ventures bring branded services to more than 50 countries around the world, and HBOs programming is sold into over 150 countries worldwide.
HBO offers competitive benefits to include medical, dental, vision, a matched 401(k) plan, flexible spending and transportation reimbursement accounts, pension plan, tuition reimbursement, and cable reimbursement.