|Publication or Company
Manhattan Neighborhood Network
||Broadcasting, Non-profit, TV/Cable
||401K/403B, Dental, Health
New York, NY
The Acquisitions Coordinator serves as liaison with MNN’s partner organizations with a focus on acquiring mission-aligned content for MNN's television and digital network. Duties include but are not limited to:
• Identify and collaborate with community-based organizations to obtain video content for MNN’s network.
• Ensure a consistent quality standard for content provided by media partners; assist with technical requirements for export.
• Manage the scheduling and distribution of acquired content to viewing platforms.
• Write on-air content wraps.
• Develop and oversee written agreements for partnership content.
• Report on distribution efforts and impact of acquired content, including social engagement and viewing metrics, and propose strategies to meet content exposure goals.
• Research and analyze new trends in video media distribution and engagement.
• Work with MNN's marketing team to promote MNN partnerships and acquired programming, and prepare marketing copy.
• Collaborate with other MNN staff in other aspects of our mission, including content creation, public service, education, technology and distribution.
• Other duties as assigned.
Required Education and Experience:
• Bachelor's degree in broadcast, television production, video, communications, journalism or equivalent.
• Minimum two years work experience in film/video production, broadcast or communications.
• Proven project management skills.
• Exceptional organizational and communication skills, including strong attention to detail.
• Motivated self-starter with excellent interpersonal skills.
• Familiarity with four screen video distribution trends and models.
• Demonstrated interest in community media education.
Salary commensurate with experience. Excellent benefits.
Anticipated Employment Starting Date:
|About Our Company
||Manhattan Neighborhood Network seeks an Acquisitions Coordinator to identify and acquire existing high-quality, locally-oriented media made by Manhattan-based individuals and community organizations that can be used as content for MNN program channels and various MNN digital distribution platforms. The ability to establish successful partnerships with these individuals and groups is paramount. MNN’s Acquisitions Coordinator reports to MNN’s Managing Director of Access Services.