|Publication or Company
KOIN 6 Television
||401K/403B, Dental, Health
*Education/Experience: Bachelors Degree in Communications, TV/film or the equivalent.
*At least 5 years experience in television or radio broadcast/production.
*Training/Equipment: Utilize state-of-the-art television technology.
*Work Environment/Mental/Physical Requirements: High stress environment with deadline pressures.
NOTE: This job description contains the basic requirements for the position and is NOT intended to be a complete list of responsibilities; other duties may be assigned.
|About Our Company
KOIN 6, A Lin Media Television Station in Portland, Oregon has an opportunity for a News Director in a top 20 market.
JOB SUMMARY: The News Director manages all news content across all media platforms and orchestrates all elements that have been gathered into a newscast.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
* Responsible for assigned newscasts, including evaluating stories, organizing them into a cohesive sequence within a newscast, and overseeing writing, production, and timing of broadcast.
* Define strategic direction for content coverage to meet business objectives.
* Manage news room, contribute to the editorial process and make solid decisions in breaking news situations.
* Execute strategies that engage and grow audiences across all digital devices.
* Write, produce and edit material for a newscast that appeals to targeted audiences.
* Maintain budgetary requirements for stations.
* Must be able to interact well with video journalists, anchors, videographers, news managers, production and engineering staff.
* Detail oriented.
* Excellent verbal, written, and analytical skills.
* Strong news judgment, journalistic integrity and understanding of viewer needs and expectations.
* Proficient in non-linear editing.
To apply please visit the KOIN Website at: http://koin.com/more/job-postings/
********* REVISED: 04/29/2014