CareerBliss has released their list of the top 20 happiest occupations based on analyzing hundreds of jobs. We noticed a range on the list from contractor to finance manager but alas, media occupations are absent.
In fact, BusinessInsider worked with CareerBliss on this endeavor. The career site looked at 57,000 employee evaluations spanning more than 450 different job titles. The indicator of ultimate job satisfaction relied on eight facets: work-life balance, relationship with colleagues, environment, job resources, compensation, growth opportunities, company culture and daily tasks.
CareerBliss discovered the top three factors determining happiness encompass the people you work with, organizational culture and work freedom.
The top spot went to research and teaching assistants. As for journalists, PR folks and anyone in our beloved media industry? Um, noticeably absent.
Without further ado, here’s the list!
1. Research/teaching assistant
2. QA analyst
4. Loan officer
5. Sales representative
7. HR Manager
8. Software engineer/developer
10. Team leader
11. Construction manager
12. Facilities manager
13. Marketing consultant
16. Finance manager
17. Network engineer
18. Property manager
19. IT consultant
20. Retail general manager
- Five Overused Buzzwords to Avoid On Your Resume
- Author Suggests Introverts Avoid Coffee Before Important Meetings
- Employers Crack Down on Waistlines, Not Deadlines
- Strike a Pose: TED Talk Inspires Body Language Boosters to Alter Perception